Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darem

Black Snow, black smoke - what should I do?

It seems I have corrupted my effects folder - smoke, snow and other "airy" things are black now in the sim.Could someone point me to a place where I can find the files to repair this? Don't want to do a full re-install.Thanks for helping me...BernhardEdit:It seems my effectstexture folder is missing some files.Most probably fx_1.bmp, fx_1_FT.bmp to fx_5.bmp and fx_5_FT.bmp.Does someone have these files for me or the bare effectstexture folder?Pretty please.

I had the same problem, and I did not dare to do a repair install of FSX. What I did was a clean install of FSX on a friends computer an so copied the default effects folder and overwrite it on mine. Maybe a suggestion.

Are they black squares?I had that problem once, running the "Repair" function on the FSX disc took care of the problem.

It seems I have corrupted my effects folder - smoke, snow and other "airy" things are black now in the sim.Could someone point me to a place where I can find the files to repair this? Don't want to do a full re-install.Thanks for helping me...BernhardEdit:It seems my effectstexture folder is missing some files.Most probably fx_1.bmp, fx_1_FT.bmp to fx_5.bmp and fx_5_FT.bmp.Does someone have these files for me or the bare effectstexture folder?Pretty please.
Try this little handy program http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxutil&DLID=143311 :(