Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TracyQ

Looking for a turboprop that can run on my lowly computer, any?

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26GHzWindows Vista OS Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with SP1Hard Drive 320GB (7200RPM)Screen Size 15.6" HD (1366x768)RAM 4GB DDR2 667MhzOptical Drive DVD SuperMulti with Light ScribeDirect Disc Labeling YesGraphics Card NVIDIA 9800M GS with 512MB GDDR3 VRAMI do OK with A2A addons, Carenado, etc.Thinking the Lionhart Kodiak, the new Carenado Malibu, etc.Just would like to have the performance of a turboprop, but no sense if it won't run, hey?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Digital Aviation Cheyenne - I think this one is really easy on frames. And it's a small turboprop. The bigger one would be J41, but that one's really hard on frames.

The DA Cheyenne should run quite well. And it's still a pretty darn good add-on even today
WARNING: No GPS!Cheers,- jahman.

And I deleted the Trimble GPS and replaced it with the default FSX version. It's easy to do in the panel config.

The Kodiak is light on frames and can get in and out of about anywhere (although it is somewhat slow), the Turbine Duke is harder on the frame rates but the best GA Turboprop available for FSX IMHO .. .. ..G

WARNING: No GPS!Cheers,- jahman.
It does have a GPS. A Trimble is still a GPS although an older specimen.Here's the manual: http://www.flyelite....imbleManual.pdf
Agreed. The Trimble in the DA Cheyenne (I only own the FS9 version) is fantastic. Exactly like the real thing.