Sign in to follow this  

Thank you, Microsoft!

X-box is not powerful enough to process and render properly with all the dynamic physics that is going on in MS Flight. With a powerful computer the program is mind blowing.
Well crud. Reading all these posts really had me convinced that it was just a PilotWings 64 adaptation :( - figured I would pick up an Xbox, buy some coinage to run over, use a motion controller and flap my arms like a bird for lift, and try to crash into other gamertags that get in my way.

Well crud. Reading all these posts really had me convinced that it was just a PilotWings 64 adaptation :( - figured I would pick up an Xbox, buy some coinage to run over, use a motion controller and flap my arms like a bird for lift, and try to crash into other gamertags that get in my way.
:(

Not even kidding, if that game actually existed I'd be playing the hell out of it.

X-box is not powerful enough to process and render properly with all the dynamic physics that is going on in MS Flight. With a powerful computer the program is mind blowing. Not sure what it would look like in an entry level machine though.Kind regards,
wow...this is your first post that worries me a bit! I'm building a computer (slowly) to the published MS "recommended specs"...then you post this, and I see what YOUR setup is...incredible feelings of inadequacy invade my calmness!Just kidding - for the most part. Can't wait to try this out. A good thing is it's free, which frees up money to upgrade my computer!

I would just add thatinstead of us thaninkg them it's MS who should make an apology to our comunity and admit that the business is no longer profitable so the switch to flight, if else now it's time to roll their pr man and reveal the plan for simming with "flight" (if there is one..).

I would just add thatinstead of us thaninkg them it's MS who should make an apology to our comunity and admit that the business is no longer profitable so the switch to flight, if else now it's time to roll their pr man and reveal the plan for simming with "flight" (if there is one..).
Holding your breath until that happens may just be very hazardous to ones health!

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying - why exactly should Microsoft apologize? For producing the Flight Sim series? For realizing that the business model as it stands is not a reasonable option for them? For trying something different to infuse new interest in the flight sim community? For producing a product that appears to be compatible with current computers, and won't require a lot of tweaks to enjoy "out of the box"? For actually NOT making a box, and making it a free download so anyone can try it?I feel - and this is ONLY my opinion - that we should thank them for trying to do SOMETHING with this niche market, as opposed to dropping it all together.No criticism of how you feel, just presenting my opposing opinion...

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying
I mean they should apologize because from the beginning of the project they made us believe flight was a continuation of the MSfs franchise: Introducing “Microsoft Flight”Microsoft announces the development of “Microsoft Flight,” a new LIVE enabled Windows exclusive inspired by the best-selling Flight Simulator Franchise.Twenty-eight years after the debut of “Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0,” Microsoft Game Studios announces the internal development of “Microsoft Flight.” “Microsoft Flight” will bring a new perspective to the long-standing genre, welcoming everyone, including long-time fans to experience the magic of flight. For continual updates over time and to view a teaser of the future of Flight on the Windows PC, visit.....Now we are all afraid that flight is not for the "serious" flight simmer...

I mean they should apologize because from the beginning of the project they made us believe flight was a continuation of the MSfs franchise: Introducing “Microsoft Flight”Microsoft announces the development of “Microsoft Flight,” a new LIVE enabled Windows exclusive inspired by the best-selling Flight Simulator Franchise.Twenty-eight years after the debut of “Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0,” Microsoft Game Studios announces the internal development of “Microsoft Flight.” “Microsoft Flight” will bring a new perspective to the long-standing genre, welcoming everyone, including long-time fans to experience the magic of flight. For continual updates over time and to view a teaser of the future of Flight on the Windows PC, visit.....Now we are all afraid that flight is not for the "serious" flight simmer...
On the contrary, the dropped "Simulator"... said it was "inspired by", and a "new perspective", not a continuation... and "welcoming everyone" infers it would be more appealing to mass/casual gamers in addition to the "serious flight simmer"...They may have things to apologize for, but this announcement isn't one of them, in my opinion...

I do not rknow about we or us. But I for one from the beginning had no misconceptions. Knowing todays gaming market, it is , will be almost what I expected? When referring to "WE" or "US" please use ( Avsim viewing community) or similiar to clarify whom one is reffering to. As a newbie here I get confused who it is reffering to. Thank you.

Edited by Barnstormer1

On the contrary, the dropped "Simulator"... said it was "inspired by", and a "new perspective", not a continuation... and "welcoming everyone" infers it would be more appealing to mass/casual gamers in addition to the "serious flight simmer"...They may have things to apologize for, but this announcement isn't one of them, in my opinion...
First - welcome Barnstormer! Great to see you on the forums - you'll find some very strident (and opposing) views here. I like to believe it's because the people who take the time to post in the forums are genuinely passionate about simulated aviation! When I, personally, refer to "we" or "us", I'm speaking of the community as a whole - but I am far from being a spokesman for the group! I only share MY views...Towerman - thanks for clarifying your viewpoint. However, I find that I disagree with it. Microsoft should apologize for how YOU interpreted their statements promoting Flight? They should apologize for a product that we (and most likely even the beta testers) know very little about as to the scope of what it will be at release day and after?That, to me, is like asking someone who is cooking me dinner to apologize while they're prepping the ingredients - because even though I have no idea what's going to be on my plate, I think there is a possibility that I may not like it.I'm going to choose to be glad Microsoft is preparing something for me.

Towerman - thanks for clarifying your viewpoint. However, I find that I disagree with it. Microsoft should apologize for how YOU interpreted their statements promoting Flight? They should apologize for a product that we (and most likely even the beta testers) know very little about as to the scope of what it will be at release day and after?
Excuse me but I am not the only one who got the message wrong, when a new product is launched it's feature and destination should be clearly stated, this was not the case,maybe it's me that's dumb but if they had written black on white on their website : no atc, semplified flight dynamics, no real weather, small flayable areas, no complex airplanes, can play with a xbox controller etc.. I would have approached this with a different mindset. I kept returning to their site for an entire year waiting and then...Microsoft has a communication problem ! or should we read between the lines?Said this I agree I am not going to cry this is the end of the world , we still have fsx, some of us will move to X-plane ,some will enjoy flight, I might even try it myself when it's released.have a nice WE.

Excuse me but I am not the only one who got the message wrong, when a new product is launched it's feature and destination should be clearly stated, this was not the case,maybe it's me that's dumb but if they had written black on white on their website : no atc, semplified flight dynamics, no real weather, small flayable areas, no complex airplanes, can play with a xbox controller etc.. I would have approached this with a different mindset. I kept returning to their site for an entire year waiting and then...Microsoft has a communication problem ! or should we read between the lines?Said this I agree I am not going to cry this is the end of the world , we still have fsx, some of us will move to X-plane ,some will enjoy flight, I might even try it myself when it's released.have a nice WE.
So why have they not written that......just think for a sec. here....

So why have they not written that......just think for a sec. here....
Because they won't be? :) That would be and what I assumed from the beginning. Or should I say We or US? Edited by Barnstormer1

Because they won't be? :) That would be and what I assumed from the beginning. Or should I say We or US?
justice.gif

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.