Sign in to follow this  
MaorC

Popular IFR Two engine plane

Hi ,I would like to ask about 2 planes for IFR Training.( If possible , i want the most popular plane in the real life too for that aim ) .1 . Single Engine aircraft for IFR .2 . Two - engine aircraft for IFR ( i want the most realistic and popular plane ) .Thank you ,Maor Cohen .

Hi ,I would like to ask about 2 planes for IFR Training.( If possible , i want the most popular plane in the real life too for that aim ) .1 . Single Engine aircraft for IFR .2 . Two - engine aircraft for IFR ( i want the most realistic and popular plane ) .Thank you ,Maor Cohen .
IRL the 182 for singles and the Seneca for twins.JBSent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB

Guest jahman
IRL the 182 for singles and the Seneca for twins.
From Carenado.Cheers,- jahman.

The Beech Bonanza and Baron are not bad IFR planes either.Maybe more "personal airplanes" than the 182/Seneca..

Bert

Carenado for sure.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest jahman
The Beech Bonanza and Baron are not bad IFR planes either.Maybe more "personal airplanes" than the 182/Seneca..
Why is the Baron more personal than the Seneca? The Seneca way more affordable...Cheers,- jahman.

For real life training I'd say the most popular twin is the seminole and the single is the 172... there's no good seminole around and no great 172. Carenado's is alright. Actually the default c172 with RealAir fde update is probably the best.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Why is the Baron more personal than the Seneca? The Seneca way more affordable...
OK, bad choice of words... I was making a distinction between common "training aircraft"and desirable "personal aircraft".The Beech is a notch up in "desirability" and cost...But the Carenado Seneca is a great choice!

Bert

From my personal experience I have seen more Senecas than Seminoles around at FBOs. I think it might be for two reasons. It's easier to maintain as there are more of them and it's more profitable to rent since it is more useful to a solo renter. Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB

Guest jahman
OK, bad choice of words... I was making a distinction between common "training aircraft"and desirable "personal aircraft".The Beech is a notch up in "desirability" and cost...But the Carenado Seneca is a great choice!
Agreed! Those twin 300 hp continental sixes sure are tempting. And the Baron is also bigger and taller. Would love fly one... The Baron was also Scott Crossfield's choice for a personal aircraft.Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

The Bonanza is one of the most stable, easily flown, enjoyable SE-Airplanes on the planet. It's a rock solid instrument platform.The Baron is the snootiest of light twins on the planet, and for good reason; It's stable, fast, makes a manly noise, looks good, and it cost an arm and a leg. So the Baron is a winner for me.Cessnas are all around mediocre. I love them and they're my favorite, but Beech has the best instrument platform(s). (that is the OP, after all)

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Cessnas are all around mediocre. I love them and they're my favorite, but Beech has the best instrument platform(s). (that is the OP, after all)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the op asking about the most popular planes for IFR training. Not the most popular twin desired after training.Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB

Agreed... not many people are going to train in a nice plane like a bonanza or baron... it's going to be in a cessna or twin piper...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

He'll, if I had a Baron I sure as he'll wouldn't have it on leaseback at a flight school. It was enough just finding melted snickers bars and tipped over coka colas in the back seat of the cruiser.JBSent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB