Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Xplane 10 installation Question

I finally got my DVD's after UPS lost them for a few days. Im installing it via the downloaded installer from Xplanes site. Im only on the first dvd and Ive got several errors during install. It says "I am unable to copy the file D:\xplane 10/resources/bitmaps/earth1-nem.png.zip from the DVD to the hard drive (too many files in system) You can continue with installation oand attempt to repaei the dammaged files later or cancel. I keep hitting conntinue. this is the 4th time I go this error and Im still on disk 1.Do I have a bad disk? Should I just cancel and see about getting a replacement from Xplane?Funny thing is, the same thing happednd to me with XP9 years ago.ROb

They are still shipping disks with the messed up installer on them?For Sierra Golf's I would try and use the installer on the disc to see if it has been updated.

Edited by snwboardn

Tyson Rose

I finally got my DVD's after UPS lost them for a few days. Im installing it via the downloaded installer from Xplanes site. Im only on the first dvd and Ive got several errors during install. It says "I am unable to copy the file D:xplane 10/resources/bitmaps/earth1-nem.png.zip from the DVD to the hard drive (too many files in system) You can continue with installation oand attempt to repaei the dammaged files later or cancel.I keep hitting conntinue. this is the 4th time I go this error and Im still on disk 1.Do I have a bad disk? Should I just cancel and see about getting a replacement from Xplane?Funny thing is, the same thing happednd to me with XP9 years ago.ROb
Hi ROb,the way I installed X was to remove the demo from the particular drive to which I was going to installthe DVD version. Drive-D: I had to completely remove all traces of it because the installer kept findind itwhen I moved it.I used the installer that came with my DVDs, then used this " X-Plane10UpdaterWindows " to update to thecurrent version: I had no problems. Edited by eSimmer

From what ive read online from someone with simular issues, My DVD drive might not be up to par. Its only a year old, but I rarley use it. Ive recorded a few dvds with it and did not have any issues, but it seems to be having problems reading these DL dvd's. I have a spare drive, Ill install it later tonight and give it a try.Rob

Also I remember Austin sent an email telling us to download and use the installer from xplane.com Hope I got that right, it was either the installer or updater but it would be nothing to download both and use them to be safe.But it does sound like it might be the drive that is the problem.

Edited by jasonX