Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KeithyGeorge

Mini pauses during flight

HiWhen using either 6,7,8 or 900 variants I seem to be getting an issue that happens most flights.I have SP1b installedI only get this issue with the NGX I have all other PMDG planes as well as others and it only happens with the NGX.The issue can happen mulitple times during a flight.It is difficult to describe, essentially what is happening is short pauses during flight. They do not happen in succession but are isolated occurences during a flight.If the cursor is visible when a short pause occurs then it will turn into the windows 7 progress circle like something is loading, so it is not a stutter. When it happens I get the short pause around a second then everythign is back to smooth flight and it is is a tad annoying in what otherwise is the best thing I have purchased on a desktop computer!If anyone has experienced this or knows a fix I would be most grateful.Thanks in advance

Any processes running in the background? A/V downloads, etc ?I'd be suspecting something else that is bogging the machine downwhen this happens rather than the NGX or FSX itself.

Are you using FSUIPC with AUTOSAVE enabled ?That can cause such symptons.Fred.

Another source is ASE if you have it. The pause is when it injects the weather to the stations. The more weather stations affected the longer the pause. Change to DCW to avoid this. Was really noticable on my machine even though ASE was running on a second PC.

Hi Guys thanks for the suggestions, however...NM5K I am pretty anal about having my pc tuned for FSX, definitley not running other programs with FSX, set up as Per Nick N guides and reguarly defrageed using O&O and as mentioned it only happens with the NGX, not the MD11.RYR78 I do not have full version of FSUIPC but I checked all my settings and I cannot even see an option for this so I guess it is not enabledveldthui I dont run ASEAnyone else excperience this or know a fixThanks

Are you using FSUIPC with AUTOSAVE enabled ?

That can cause such symptons.

Fred.

Sorry I'm a few months late to this party... But I was having the same issues with intermittent pausing, but mine was very regular... a pause of 5 to 15 seconds every minute. I had assumed it was just due to my aging i5 system, until I read the system specs of the guy who just did a review of the PMDG NGX on Avsim... so I did some searching in the forum and came across this thread... Frankly, I feel kinda silly that I didn't connect the regular interval with FSUIPC's autosave, but that was indeed the problem. No more stutters after turning off autosave. Thanks, Fred! :Applause:

i was getting those to with my previous computer, i am assuning you have a low end computer?(: and try to install sp1c it will be batter i think and hope for you, cheers.