Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Power of the Pen (Tool)

Hey guys,I wanted to make this it's own post here since some people seem to be missing all the ones in the NGX thread. Also because a lot of the painters I talk with are painting all sorts of different PMDG aircraft.Power of the Pen isn't about petitions or anything like that. It's a 32 minute video (#9 in the tutorial series) only on the Pen Tool. A great deal of questions I've had from painters have something to do with the pen tool in one form of another. A lot of people think that you cannot create Vector graphics in PS which isn't true, and others just have the same questions we all had once on using the Pen Tool effectively. This video also shows much more than that and a must for any painter or business person that wants to create and reuse their own logo's as well as create their own library to store them. It's the longest video so far in the series, but answers everything I've been asked and should answer every other possible question on this tool (hopefully).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thanks Gavin, glad you like it.@ Alex, I spend far to much time doing these things just trying to help others just to have trolls with a post count pick it apart. Stay out of my topics if you have nothing to do but be,,, you.@ All the painters out there that have hounded and hounded me for so many months. I really do not appreciate the fact that you do as you do. Some of you think, what do I know and that's more than fine. Please ignore this, it isn't to you. I bought the NGX, just to answer the constant emails and PM's I've gotten over the months. I've practically finished about 70% of painters paints for them without mention. I stay back and continue to try and help. I see painters use my textures, I don't say a thing. I see people thank all sorts of people and even though I did more than 50% of some of your paints, no mention and that too, I'm fine with. It tells a lot of who you are (not a painter).But I will say the one thing that really does keep me from the insane hours of doing these videos is that whole "Forget it" attitude. I have new painters (never opened PS until these vids) on my forum able to grasp this video on the most complex tool PS has, yet more than enough of you only keep PM'ing, or emailing. I then spend hours a night in typing things you just see as too much to read. I then make this video (and so far 14 others), which each take a good day to make. Why? So you can just tell me "Forget it"? I reply to you in private which does no one any good but yourselves, I then ask you to post it so it would benefit others and you tell me I'm no help? Even after weeks of back and forth and having my indepth replies go ignored?I do my very best to help anyone and everyone as much as I can, but enough is enough. This will be the last video and minute of my time you waste.Sorry to others, but wow, 3, THREE! same replies since this video in private asking a question that is so perfectly answered in this video it's very clear they cannot be bothered to watch it, so I will no longer be bothered to either, meaning your requests, mean nothing to me since my effort to answer you just gets blown off. I'm also tired of being told I'm arrogant? Haha, wow. It goes to show you, you can spend all your time doing and still get blamed for trying. I have helped "dozens" of people in private, that have sent me their dds files blaming it on the paint kit. Not one has gone unfixed, and not ONE has said word one in their original topics. The closest was "I got it resolved"...Anywho, again "others", sorry for the rant but you know where you can find the vids should you need them.

Edited by Turbine777

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Anywho, again "others", sorry for the rant but you know where you can find the vids should you need them.
Welcome to my world. I spend on average 6.5 hours explaining a topic (ranging from MS Outlook, to server load balancing), and it's the always most demanding people, who ask the most questions and need the most help, who rate me the lowest. Never fails.Never mind the fact that you just shaved an hour or two off of their work day, each day by helping them write a macro during one of the breaks...My fave:Spent 20 min on a one-on-one session with someone explaining something really simple (I forget what, but I remember it was Outlook). After explaining it one way, I began explaining it a different way, only to hear "oh forget it, I'm never going to get this...I'll just have my intern do it..."

Kyle Rodgers

Nice tutorial, subbed and I like your other lengthy PMDG tutorial post too.Off Topic I am having an issue with the registration number showing properly in the VC. Can I send you a PM for that matter?thanksStephan

Stephan Faessler // designer, painter

P1 // vACC Switzerland Controller

impulseai

970abb2d.png

Stephan,The problem you're having is that you're probably not creating an alpha layer for your registration.Goto the channels tab and delete the current alpha and then go back to your layers section and CTRL + Click your registration text layer. Go to the top menu and look for "selection" then open that and choose "save selection".That should create your alpha for your registration text. Then just flatten, flip vertical and save to your texture folder as a DDS.For even more info head to Dans site, Dantrix.net.

Gavin Price

Hi Gavin, thanks for the swift reply. Okay will do that today and check out his site too, almost finish with my PMDG 736 for a members request thats the only thing which is left to do. cheerio

Stephan Faessler // designer, painter

P1 // vACC Switzerland Controller

impulseai

970abb2d.png

Dan, you and I may not always see eye to eye. But your passion and conviction for both the artwork itself and helping others is plain to see. Its evident that you spend a long long time on producing the stuff. Its all full of passion, skill and flair, most of it to benefit others. Helping folk is nearly always a thankless task, you know it, I know it because I help out in other non flight related forums. But when your heart is in it, as yours most obviously is, you cannot and should not allow peoples lack of manners and simple courtesy to put you off. Do what you so obviously enjoy Dan, don`t give it up, any thanks you do get is a bonus. One thing I 95% refuse to do when helping folk in a forum though is to help by PM. Mostly I tell them in the best way I can that I manage to help one person only in a PM. Whereas in a forum I could be helping 15 people in one go. Most queries take up follow up messages, research if I don`t have all the answers to hand. So rather than make a rod for my own back I try to keep to the forums wherever possible. Unless someone catches me on the right day. :( Giving up is relatively easy Dan. Not giving up is the hardest thing to do and you already proved many times the hard work doesn`t faze you. Think long and hard about this, their are many people in this forum who think good of you. Don`t lose that ever, for the ones who give no recognition the vast majority are either too damn lazy or pig ignorant. But wouldn`t life be boring if we were all the same as each other? I`m just hoping you shrug your shoulders and carry on. Good luck in whatever choice you make, now lets get back to snarling at each other :( Steve

Thanks Gavin, glad you like it.@ Alex, I spend far to much time doing these things just trying to help others just to have trolls with a post count pick it apart. Stay out of my topics if you have nothing to do but be,,, you.[...]
@Dan, my apologies for the post, the aim was not to be a troll and pick your video apart, as always its a great post. My comment was meant to be for a slight comedy because of the intensity of the video a light irrelevant comment was amusing at the time, probably not so much in hindsight. My apologies.Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK