Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Interesting Problem

Have a look at the image:

There is an issue with aircraft heading versus track and the crab angle. Note the wind speed and direction. Notice also that there is an offset between aircraft and planned path. Normally, the heading versus track would be pretty close and there would be mininimal to no offset whatsever. Windspeed and direction is not a cause, so??? Any one have any ideas on what could suddenly start causing this?I run Flight Sim Commander 9 as my planning tool.

Hey Tom,It's been a while since I flew the 744 but from memory the flight1 registry fix may solve your issue. If not are you using Active Sky with a reg version of fsuipc?Regards

Rob Prest

If not are you using Active Sky with a reg version of fsuipc?
I am. Is there an issue there?

Kyle Rodgers

I am. Is there an issue there?
Nope, probably the best combination, however something could be corrupt and affecting the aircraft. But until someone comes along with a better idea the Flight1 tool will be the best thing to try.Regards

Rob Prest

I'd agree with you on that. I was just making sure there wasn't an issue with FSUIPC and ASE. I'm using my ASE networked, and it's only updating FSX initially, and then the weather stays that way (even though ASE claims it updated the stations), so I was thinking you might've had my answer if it was a FSUIPC-ASE issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Tom,It's been a while since I flew the 744 but from memory the flight1 registry fix may solve your issue. If not are you using Active Sky with a reg version of fsuipc?Regards
Yes, I am using AS2012 with a registered version of FSUIPC... version 4.745. Does that help Rob? And I have not used the FLIGHT1 tool.

Tom,I'll back Rob up with the Flight1 tool. It fixes a registry issue that can cause a number of sim errors.I think his comment on the FSUIPC with ASE was related to the fact that using certain modes of ASE without the wind-smoothing of FSUIPC can cause the more accurate autopilots out there (PMDG's, among a few others) to hunt and sway left and right, but never lock onto the predicted path.

Kyle Rodgers

It would be worth giving it a try - http://www.flight1.c...sp?page=libraryRegards
yes it fixed my problem simliar to toms using the flight1 repair

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I just wanted to follow up and let you guys know that the registry tool did the trick. I have no idea why it should, but it did. Thanks for the help.

I have had this same problem for about two months. I could not figure out what was causing it. It also did not make sense that this was only affecting my PMDG 747-400X and MD-11. Even stranger that it was not affecting my PMDG 737NGX. Even after completely uninstalling and reinstalling the 747 and MD11, I still had the problem.Well. I'm pleased to say that fixing the registry fixed this strange problem. All is good again.Thanks.Mark

I just wanted to follow up and let you guys know that the registry tool did the trick. I have no idea why it should, but it did. Thanks for the help.
With some aircraft installers or uninstallers, it seems they alter the flight sim root path value in the registry for some reason and leave the last / off the end of the path. It's really that simple lol.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo