Sign in to follow this  
bliksimpie

Adjusted GPS 530 and 430 for PA46

I have made some adjustment especially to click spots around Knobs to access all functionality of GPS's.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------PLEASE NOTE These files have come with carenado planes and carenado have the rights to these files and these adjusted files are only made available to users who own the PA46 to enhance the plane on their own computors and is this not allowed to be used in any way that can contrvene the EULA of carenado. PLEASE respect the Carenado EULA. These files are under no circumstances allowed to be uploaded anywhere else without the expressive approval from Carenado.Up to now Carenado have always allowed us to share these enhancements here in respect of enhancing only Carenado planes, so please let us keep it that way.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Among the things that was changed added-The 430 has been added a few screens under the NAV group that is missing. (current version only have 2 screen-new one have about 5 screens)-The click spots also have been added scroll functions so that when you cant access click spot obscured by knobs you can use left side of knobs and just use scroll on mouse to go up or down in selections. (Change page files and Change within page file options)-Added traffic to be displayed on GPS screens-on 430 the right side data screen can be removed / added by clicking on "MENU button" press ENT to remove the right side or click on MENU to ignore. Same principle to add it back again. This do facilitate that a slightly larger "MAP" screen is being displayed on GPSThe new files can be downloaded here.(Adjusted GPS for PA46.zip)http://www.mediafire...h7x9h9q5xg5j19qDownload the fileUnzip the file. inside you will find 2 new GPS files calledCarG430_3D_P46.cabCarG530_3D_P46.cab(do not further extract these files. they are already in correct .cab format.)Add the two cab files to the panel folder of the MalibuNow open the panel folder of the Malibu.Search for the panel.cfg.NB. make a copy of this file and save it as panel_original.cfg so that you have a backup to restore to in case you mess up the panel.cfg file that you now will adjust.Open the panel.cfg file with notepad and make the following 2 corrections to Vcockpit02 section1) Scroll down till you find [Vcockpit02] section1a) Now change gauge01 entry fromgauge01=GPS_530_3D_P46T!gps_500, 7,337,493,358togauge01=CarG530_3D_P46!gps_500, 7,337,493,3581b) Now change gauge03 entry fromgauge03=GPS_430_3D_P46T!GNS430_nc2, 517,259,497,258togauge03=CarG430_3D_P46!GNS430_nc2_3D, 517,259,497,2582) Scroll a bit up to the [Window03]change gauge00 fromgauge00=GPS_530_3D_P46T!gps_500, 0,0,512,512togauge00=CarG530_3D_P46!gps_500, 0,0,512,5123) Scroll a bit up to the [Window04]change gauge00 fromgauge00=GPS_430_3D_P46T!GNS430_nc2, 0,0,528,310togauge00=CarG430_3D_P46!GNS430_nc2_2D, 0,0,528,310SAVE the panel.cfg file.Restart FSX and enjoy a better GPS.NOTE:The fact that the terrain on the 530 and the 430, is almost non distinguishable is due to the fact that the GPS is now being shown behind the MODEL and I cannot correct that. ONLY carenado have access to the model to correct that. Sorry bout that and YES it can be done, as other developers who use this same principle have bypassed this initial limitation with great ease.

Edited by bliksimpie

Been upoading and downloading files from mediafire for ages. Never been a problem as they check all files uploaded to mediafire.use it or loose it.

Hey Bliksimpie,I'm getting the same "Trojan Horse Detected" warning. I'm also using AVAST. Do you think it's a false positive? I sure would like to have your modifications. Cheers,Fritz

Edited by fritzreinhart

FritzOK files have been removed.PM with email address and I will send it to you as i have done in the past.edit:If I look at the number of times the files have been downloaded with nowbody else complaining, I can only but say it is a false positive you guys are getting.

Edited by bliksimpie

OK gents, I have updated virus definitions on both my home computors about an hour ago so these are really the latest. One running on Norton 2012 and the other one have bitdefender as virus programs.Both machines say there is nothing wrong with the file so i will send it out to those requested. Scan it after you downloaded on your own machine, but I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong. if you have doubts, just do not open the Zip file and delete the file. I have no other way to proof to you the files are save. 100's of people have in the past use my files with 100% secure and intact. if your virus program give false warnings I cannot do a thing about that.here is the proof of the enhancement filescan.jpgregards

Just got the files and performed a scan on the Zip file with Avast. No problems found. It was probably just a false positive. Thanks, again, Bliksimpie.Cheers,Fritz

PM SENT.........THANKS

Hi all,

Seems like it's not possible to send a PM to Bliksimpie now (it says "user cannot use messaging system"). Anybody know how to get those adjusted GNS430/530 gauge files ?

Thnks!

He's the author, he decides about the folks being able to share his work. But perhaps he sees the thread and the demand and comes back at you. I don't know if he has uploaded the gauges to the Avsim library. Maybe it's worth a look.

Thanks for the tip, I had checked and the files are not available for download, I guess copyright issues.

Seems like PM is the only way, for some reason I don't understand it is not possible to PM bliksimpie at the moment, I hope he is still around and looks at this thread sometimes...

Cheers!