Sign in to follow this  

737NGX 'short' checklist (from C&Dd to C&D). Please check!

It's all done, Jeroen.I've uploaded it (after I read your post saying you don't mind) and here's the link:http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/2293-ngx-check/If you wanna upload it to Avsim, that's fine with me, too.I did alter it a little by tabling all of the Checklists (hope you don't mind).It looks fine on my NGX, but could probably go throo a revision or two for refinement purposes later on.Regards,Frank Cooper

Cool! I am going to try it right away! Well, after dinner.. :wink:BTW Do I have to do anything with the files in the NGG_check_files folder...? The files aren't mentioned in the readme

Thanks for the work! :( Very impressive that I have all these points in mind.Btw. you say at take off "Engage the TO/GA mode." I don´t wana sound dumb (pretty extensive knowledge about the 737 NG) but here is the button I can engage it? In the FS9 version it was a screw on the MCP but I haven´t had luck finding it in the NGX.

I did alter it a little by tabling all of the Checklists (hope you don't mind).It looks fine on my NGX, but could probably go throo a revision or two for refinement purposes later on.
I just gave it a try with a very short flight: nice! It's a lot easier to have that information on screen so you don't have to look up and down to the printed pdf and back to the screen all the time! I love it!The tabling is great and exactly what some others already said they wanted: makes it easier to see where you are indeed.I have to assign a shortcut to the kneeboard because using the menu to get it on screen spoils the immersion. I have to say that having the kneeboard on screen spoils the immersion a little anyway, even when you really need it: I have to get used to the kneeboard staying where it is when I look around: I never use popups so I'm not use to that. :( But as I said it IS easier to use the checklist this way!I only wonder if it is possible somehow to edit the html file myself to make the font size smaller? On my 1080i screen the font is HUGE and it seems geared towards the visual impaired pilots amongst us... :( When the font is smaller, more will fit on the screen too, so you won't have to scroll that much too.Anyway, apart from all that I really love it! Thanks for the conversion! :wink:DITDid another short flight: this html file is a keeper! I did a night flight in Norway and the nice thing about the kneeboard is that you don't have to keep a spotlight on in the room in order to be able to read the printed pdf! I am already getting used to only have the kneeboard onscreen (with a shortcut) when I really need it. And as I said it's great not having to move your eyes up and down all the time (and you also don't have to search on the pdf all the time where you were the last time you checked). Instead of spoiling the immersion, as I said before, it seems to up the immersion... :( So thanks again! Edited by J van E

My pleasure, mate. Nice to work something so simple, out together.And if you wanna edit the list, just open it in Word, alter and save back out. The XML stuff will aoto-update for you.It's really handy to have now, and something I've been looking for, for some time.When Bryan Yorke releases the FS2Crew for NGX, I'll be making a similar kneeboard list for the NGX. It's also very handy!Regards,Frank Cooper

Congratulations both of you!!!Only thing is that it definitely looks better in Arial 10.RegardsCarl Michael

Thanks for the checklist. I think I have installed the .xml but can't figure out how to bring it up in FSX. I only installed it into the -800 & -800WL.I did try the FMC DEP ARV button nothing happened. Any help would be appreciated.Tom Hibben

The xml/html file (not my pdf) can be seen in the FSX kneeboard! You did edit the aircraft. cfg?

Hej Tom,"ALT" will bring up the FSX menu and unde "aircraft" you find the kneeboard.RegardsCarl Michael

Congratulations both of you!!!Only thing is that it definitely looks better in Arial 10.RegardsCarl Michael
I also changed the font (in the html file, not the pdf) to Arial and even made it 9 points small: looks great on my 1080i screen. I am thinking about redoing the entire pdf AND this html file because specially the first part with all those empty boxes/tables looks a bit odd and confusing. So instead of what was meant as a logical setup (the CDU part) I am thinking about setting it up as the second part of the checklist: one item on the left and what to do with it on the right and all that in a table. Just for fun. blum.gif If I think it really is an improvement, I will post it here, if not, I won't. :(

EDITBecause a lot of people are still only downloading the first version, I just created a new topic with the 3rd version of my pdf here:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361183-737ngx-short-checklist-from-cdd-to-cd-version-3/Original post (link to version 3 removed):Okay, here is a 'quick' new version of the checklist. I simplified the layout a LOT so imho it's impossible to get confused anymore and you immediately know what you have to do. The pdf (A4) contains 4 pages now.... I made the pdf in InDesign so right now I don't have a clue how to turn it into an html file for use with the kneeboard... I hope that this layout will prevent the tables from being distorted in the kneeboard but that's something for the future.BTW The content is unchanged apart from setting the Transition Level which step I moved forward to the CDU setup. And of course I had to rename/reorder some items to make them fit into this new layout.Let me know what you think of it! :(

Edited by J van E