Sign in to follow this  
boeing247

EZDok Spot View

I just got the EZDok camera, and while everything is working, fine, I can't seem to create a view that is similar to the standard locked spot/spot view (because while I'm using EZ Dok, I can't access the regular views). I've created a view called "exterior" and placed it in the default spot position, but the image of the plane is distorted, which is alright for filming, I suppose (that's what I bought EZ Dok for), but it's not conducive to regular flying. Is there a setting where I can change this? Or enable the default views along with EZ Dok?Thanks,boeing247(also, is there a way to create an EZ Dok version of the flyby view?)

I just got the EZDok camera, and while everything is working, fine, I can't seem to create a view that is similar to the standard locked spot/spot view (because while I'm using EZ Dok, I can't access the regular views). I've created a view called "exterior" and placed it in the default spot position, but the image of the plane is distorted, which is alright for filming, I suppose (that's what I bought EZ Dok for), but it's not conducive to regular flying. Is there a setting where I can change this? Or enable the default views along with EZ Dok?Thanks,boeing247(also, is there a way to create an EZ Dok version of the flyby view?)
You have to use the original spot view.http://aviation.alla.../misc/ezdok.php
  • Make sure A and S is not assigned in your FSX keyboard commands. Instead go to "Options" -> "Define Keys and Buttons" menu in the EZdok software and under the "Default view system" section assign A to "Next in current category", and S to "Next category". You might want to do the same thing with Shift-A and Shift-S which goes to previous instead of next.

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

If you get the 1.17 beta off Ezdoks forum you also can do the nifty World Camera. Makes for some good videos.

Edited by ohsirus

If you get the 1.17 beta off Ezdoks forum you also can do the nifty World Camera. Makes for some good videos.
Yup! It's great... Your heads up lead me to it, thanks!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks for the response. A couple questions, though:1. Can you turn EZDok on and off (so that you could be using the EZDok views, then switch back to the regular views, but still be able to use the hat switch and then turn EZDok back on later)? I ask because EZDok it's kind of a hassle trying to go against three years of habits of changing views.2. Can you set a key to spot view? Of course you can for locked spot, but I don't see one for regular spot view. (could you edit the controls file to include it?)

Edited by boeing247

Thanks for the response. A couple questions, though:1. Can you turn EZDok on and off (so that you could be using the EZDok views, then switch back to the regular views, but still be able to use the hat switch and then turn EZDok back on later)? I ask because EZDok it's kind of a hassle trying to go against three years of habits of changing views.2. Can you set a key to spot view? Of course you can for locked spot, but I don't see one for regular spot view. (could you edit the controls file to include it?)
1) Yes, But I just cycle between the views to get to the default views (I use no default views besides spot and the occasional fly by)2) No, I'm pretty sure you can't.The way I think about it, EZDok activates two view sets: The EZDok ones and the default ones. Use S, Shift-S, A, Shift-A to access the default ones. Use your keystroke assignment for the EZDok ones. I've gotten quite good at using EZDok over the past few months. (purchased at NGX's release)

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Well, I was able to edit the Standard.xml file to set F11 as the hotkey for Spot view, but I'm still having the problem of only being able to rotate left and right in spot/locked spot view and not up and down. Do you have this issue?