Sign in to follow this  

I've read many forum posts regarding the topic and did not find one that solved the issue. I am using FS2004 with SB4 and WOAI models on VATSIM. The gear is not shown with the aircraft floating above the ground. I am aware that VATSIM does not transmit gear state. That is why I want the gear to be locked down (like in VIP models).I used the SMS generator mentioned here. Those that used the generator should be aware of the FIX_GEAR_DOWN option in the script. This changes the contact points to trick SB into believing the aircraft is fixed gear.However, this does not work for me. Apparently this works in FSX (WOAI users that have FSX can confirm this). The gear is locked down offline, however when flying online the gear remains retracted.Anyone know if I can edit the .air or where the data is transmitted on whether the aircraft has fixed or retractable gear in Squawkbox?

Edited by waterburn

I've never been able to get that to work in SB4/VIP either.I eventually just switched to FSINN, and used WOAI models instead of the VIP ones in FS9.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Ever hear of The Eagles CD "Hell Freezes Over"?Don't think there's going to be any new clients for FS9, Sorry.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG