Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Prospective buyer seeks advice

Hello people,After probably years of wondering whether to get FS2Crew, I have finally decided that I'll go for one, most probably the PMDG 737NGX voice control whenever it comes out, losely followed the Leonardo Maddog and LDS767 Voice control packages. The fact that you can speak and your command are understood and acted upon looks so awesome to me...But, I have a question. In the video I saw of the LDS767 voice control edition, I noticed that the guy said pretty much everything and the "invisible but acting" copilot is actually the one who does most of the stuff. I understand that this is how it should be, but I can't help but wonder if there's a way to do some things yourself (so, not ask them to be done, but just do it yourself...).For example, I use one of my throttle levers to control the gear (I have 6 throttle levers, one of which is used for spoilers, one for flaps, and four for engine control, but on two-engined aicrraft, I have two spare ones, so one is used as a gear lever). The moment I get to retracting or extending the gear using that lever is one such moment I love and I'd hate somebody else doing it :( Would it be, justa s an example for a broader subject, be possible to do tbhis myself and not ask the copilot to do it, or will the program get confused?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Hello people,After probably years of wondering whether to get FS2Crew, I have finally decided that I'll go for one, most probably the PMDG 737NGX voice control whenever it comes out, losely followed the Leonardo Maddog and LDS767 Voice control packages. The fact that you can speak and your command are understood and acted upon looks so awesome to me...But, I have a question. In the video I saw of the LDS767 voice control edition, I noticed that the guy said pretty much everything and the "invisible but acting" copilot is actually the one who does most of the stuff. I understand that this is how it should be, but I can't help but wonder if there's a way to do some things yourself (so, not ask them to be done, but just do it yourself...).For example, I use one of my throttle levers to control the gear (I have 6 throttle levers, one of which is used for spoilers, one for flaps, and four for engine control, but on two-engined aicrraft, I have two spare ones, so one is used as a gear lever). The moment I get to retracting or extending the gear using that lever is one such moment I love and I'd hate somebody else doing it :( Would it be, justa s an example for a broader subject, be possible to do tbhis myself and not ask the copilot to do it, or will the program get confused?
Well, you can tell the FO that he will do the takeoff, but that's not the case with the landing. The rest is as it should be, regarding the SOP of the airline Bryan choose to simulate.

Well, you can tell the FO that he will do the takeoff, but that's not the case with the landing. The rest is as it should be, regarding the SOP of the airline Bryan choose to simulate.
Not sure if you fully understood my question...I'd like to know if I can do things myself, instead of telling the FO that he should do it. So, for example, instead of saying "gear up" and having the virtual FO retract the gear, I'd like to retract the gear myself by using my gear lever. Can I do this without FS2Crew getting confused?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Okay, thanks :) Not sure what FS2Crew I'll buy yet, but pretty sure I'll buy a voice control one. Might go for the LDS767 one.

Benjamin van Soldt