Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

"New" Saitek Throttles and a little project

You see for what good the forums are for!
yes, a good lesson for the younger ones "but mom, if I spend more time on the forums I will clean my desk" :LMAO:

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I just received new Saitek throttles, after sending in my old ones due to pot problems and noisy axis.I think Saitek changed something, because these "new" throttles, which are the same as old ones, feel completely different.The old ones were a cheap feeling, moving forward and backwards. These new one are way harder to move, also the movement is way way smoother. Axes are still a bit noisy, nothing like the old one though, but time is going to tell what's in store for me.Reverse buttons which were completely malfunctioning are now good.And I got an idea how to quickly make a two-throttle lever out of 4 throttle lever (aka "CH Throttle Lever Clips).Pictures are worth 1000 words:
Were did you buy throttle quadrant? can you post link

posted it in the other thread...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I bought it at Amazon.

This has been a great topic to follow. I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of your set up!

Chris B. Trane

Question is, which one :biggrin: My topic, which Paul relentlessly took over! (not that I mind :biggrin:)

Question is, which one :biggrin: My topic, which Paul relentlessly took over! (not that I mind :biggrin:)
I did THRIJACK (thread-Hi-jack) this pretty bad... :sorry: He%20He.gifIt was hard not to though, Word Not Allowed just got me so inspired i cleaned my desk and had to show everyone :LMAO: Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Hi.I see you have two Saitek TQ, and I think you can help me.I have a GS Yoke and a GS Rudder Pedal (GS is a Brazilian brand of FS controllers)I have also a Saitek TQ (USB), because the GS TQ wasn't good enough.Everything was working fine together for a long time, with no conflicts, so I decided to buy the second Saitek TQ to use with 4 engine planes.The problem now is that the two USB TQ are conflicting.In Windows Control Panel, I can see that are two of the kind connected, but when I open the screen that shows the configuration and the movement of the axis and buttons, I see that only one of the TQs actually send signals, the other one simply stands there, with the power led on, and do nothing.I tried one at a time, and it's not a hardware problem. Both TQs works fine.I tried to connect them with and without a USB HUB, and the result is allways the same.Do you have any idea of what is happening?When using the Saitek Control Panel, the result is also the same, both TQs appear, but just one works.Is there some kind o address signing so the software (windows or Saitek driver) "sees" the hardware and the signal it sends correctly?I'm running Windows 7 64, FSX, and have installed the latest drivers from Saitek.Thanks for any help you can get me.Ivan.

Note: this is all very experimental stuff, and you should really know what you're doing before attempting on doing this.I don't have a solution for you, but I think I know the reason:Windows recognizes devices not by name but with the hardware ID, a HID. The problem is going to appear when two devices, by mistake, probably get the same HID.At my time of testing, P3D proved to be problematic, or for the better lack of the word, not working, with my two throttles, because it recognized the names, which are the same. One was working, other not. Still, both working separately. Same problem as yours.Luckily, my both TQs are different HIDs and working well.Now, I searched the web how the change the NAME of the TQ, so that P3D might recognize them as different, but I failed. I eventuelly gave up.You could try searching on how to change the HID or GUID of the device, maybe that would help. Maybe even disconnect both, uninstall drivers, manuall search the registry for remains, see if you can find those HIDs and GUIDs, and then clean it all. Backup windows before you do that.

Paul, so I did get a G13.I'm currently playing with it a bit and am somewhat baffled that EZDOK doesn't recognize the macro keys as buttons. I can't assign it to EZDOK, or I'm doing something wrong.I tried enabling it there and all, but still - I can use macros, I can assign them for Starcraft and all, but when it comes to assigning to EZDOK, not a beep.This kind of completely defeats the purpose of it.I have my views set up on the keyboard from 1 to 0, and shift 1 to 0, I know I could assign macro keys to G13 to press those keys. But that would kind of defeat the purpose of having a 2nd controller... right?Starcraft 2 on the other side is working great, and is giving me some really neat functions like keyrepeats for unit masscreation.Besides, my PFC is going to have 14 assignable buttons. On my TQ I have 12 assignable...And my keyboard configured in FSUIPC and EZDOK. And for those "super functions" in SC2, I would think there should be a software to emulate macro commands on keys, or?And... someone said assigning ctrl+shift+w for AES is finally on one key. I can assign that key-combo to my stick button or my TQ button.EDIT: And since yesterday, the gameprofiler, where I do all the assignments, crashed on me twice already.