Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Maximal Seize for AI Traffic bgl's?

Good morning,some strange question regarding FS9's AI Traffic:Is there a maximal seize of Traffic.bgl files?Once I used JF Traffic 2004, but the old and ugly models and a lot of bankrupted airlines annoyed me, so I configured AI traffic completely new. I have three traffic files (GA, Military and commercial aviation). GA has perhaps 20 MBytes, Military is not worth any discussion, but commercial aviation has 93 MByte so far, and almost every day I add an airline or two... Especially airlines from Russia and CIS countries fly a lot of interesting planes at interesting locations, so I can hardly resist if - for instance - RATS delivers a new package.Is there any point I have to stop?Thanks for your answersHarald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Sorry, of course I mean "size", not to "seize" anything. Sorry for my English.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Since I installed WOAI packages I have one BGL for each airline (more than 500 until now) and about 150 MAIWsIs this no way for you?

I am interested in this question too. I have sometimes wondered if there's a reason to limit the number of AI traffic files or the size of them... Every now and then I get rid of some that never show up anywhere I go so I try to keep the numbers under control but I'm never sure if there's any benefit in doing so.

The size of the files does not matter, but thne number of files can affect the initial loading times of FS. The more files, the longer the load.

Thank you for your answers.So I should have no problem.Why I don't use WOAI packeges? I do use them, but I decompile and install them manually. Since I inserted my first flightplans beside JFs traffic, I use my very special [fltsim.x] syntax. I started this with airlines from Tajikistan, Armenia, Georgia etc., thats why I often use RATS packageshttp://www.trafficsystem.ru/.So if I used all these install routines each of them using a special syntax of [fltsim.x] entries, I think this would cause compatibility problems, wouldn't it?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

The size of the files does not matter, but thne number of files can affect the initial loading times of FS. The more files, the longer the load.
Thanks Jim. I thought that was probably the case but it's nice to get it confirmed from an expert

I would love to make all the world of AI into one large bgl. Has anybody tired to do this large task?

Yes, about five years ago I did. HUGE job - only advantage is that you can set it up so that only AI you expect to see is used so you're not using resources to run AI you never see unless you visit airports you don't normally go to. But after a while it was so huge that it was hard to keep track of what I had already added and what I hadn't. So I gave up and now let WoAI do most of the work. (I do have some customized AI files of my own)

I bought Ultimate traffic many years ago. I still use it to manage all my AI airlines. I have replaced all the original aircraft with models from Aardvark/Evolve/AIm/AI/TFS/OSP etc etc.I also keep up to date with new airline schedules by creating a new airline and disabling the old one. The advantage of using the UT interface means that I can add new aircraft to existing flightplans without having to decompile and edit the aircraft/flightplans files...just use the aircraft assignment/compile function in UT.Using Ut enables you to keep track of all your aircraft assignments through the interface, and also can produce flight schedules for airlines or indeed airports. You end up with just one traffic.bgl too.Peter

Peter Schluter