Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

how many of you been into 737 simulator

Did an hour and a half at Flight Experience in Christchurch in 2008, it was a fixed base sim, running FS9, but full 737 NG cockpit with the correct controls, even with this sim it was pretty cool to fly using the correct controls etc! (my avatar is me in that sim) Did various takeoffs and landings including Kai Tak! Would love to go in a full motion sim though, but its still too expensive, I'd rather do an hours 'trial flying lession' in a real plane (at half the cost!)

Edited by Ayster

yes i have too..i had my experience in aug 2011. It was in the 737-800, and i got a real good bargain too. I bought the whole simulator for an amazing price of just $79.99 :(. (oh, sorry .. for a minute then, i was thinking my NGX was a simulator, coz there isn't a lot of difference). :(

I got to fly a Level-D C130-H simulator at Royal Australian Air Force base Richmond near Sydney while on work experience with school years ago. The graphics were pretty good for then (1994) and the motion was unreal. As we taxied you could feel every bump in the taxiway. It was nigh time in the simulator and I took off from Richmond then flew over Sydney for an ILS landing at Sydney airport runway 16).I actually landed the aircraft to a level where the RAAF guy asked me if I was learning to fly. It was a fluke of course, but I was pretty proud of myself because my school mates crashed.After a few minutes you started to believe you were in an actual aircraft and really flying.

See my thumb nail photo. I was on a 737-800 full motion sim several months ago. After mastering thr NGX, the real 737 was very easy. I did a cold dark start up and did a complete flight with anISL landing inprro weather. I am not a pilot and did everything very well (in my opinion). The landings were pretty good, I did better in the 767. The force on the yoke was very different compared to my $400 PFC yoke, but nothing you can't handle. When the 777 comes out, I'll master that and then do another stint in the 777 simulator.

Paul Gugliotta

I says pardon?????????.........lol
Westjunk? .......... In the words of Brother Jake Edwards, to those that hate westjet, I retort with a double reverse Ninja kick to the solar plexes and a "hows that for hating westjet for ya"