Sign in to follow this  
skyhawk8

Two Issues

I have heard many good things about this FS2Crew. I have not been able to really get started.After installation and running thru the set up and config I noticed that when the room is quiet and with the DSP on I randomly get the green display bar that says: "Captain:off".When I try to speak it will display "Captain:off Captain:{then whatever I say}".Ok second issue. I can not set the soft mute at all. I've read thru the forum and have tried whatever suggestions have been made. The best I can do is assign and keyboard input to get a hard mute.I fly on Vatsim regularly and this will be a problem. I also have a CH Yoke, CH Throttle Quadrant and CH pedals. I'm sure between them all I have 25 buttons. The only option I get is the mute config is Joystick1 thru 25. I've spent some time to test to see which selectable button number to the correct button on a controler. No good. Tried setting up a keyboard to the space bar backspace and so on. Still no soft mute.I want to purchase the other titles for aircraft I have but won't spend anymore money until these issues are resolved.I really want to get this working because I know it'll take my sim experience to another level.Thanks

Hi Steve,Did you run the Voice training?Try moving your mic away from your speakers... you might be getting background interference from the J41's loud engines. You could also try adjusting your mic sensitivity.USB headsets also work best.For Soft Mute: Use the default assignment, which is left control, and link it through FSUIPC to your CH yoke button.Cheers,

Thanks Bryan.I did the voice training but I had a mic that was not good enough. Changed it and did the training over.After some digging I found the doc's in FSUIPC to program the button for LCTRL and now use the same button for transmitt on Vatsim.I can see many hours of enjoyment from this and I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the NGX version.Steve