Sign in to follow this  
ToniH

NGX problem with throttle

Hi!I have a similar problem after engine start.I always start from C&D and after engine start, the left engine won't spool up if i move the throttleleaver forward. (TQ6 throttlequadrant)the right engine works as it should after engine start.What I have noticed tho, is that the oil temp on the left engine is only 9*C after ignition. I have to use ctrl+E so I can get this engine to work properly.The right engine has an oil temp way over 9*C after this has lit up. I've seen around 20-30*C after ignition and slowly rising after engine start.regadsReid S

To those having these issues (as there seems to be a few), make sure you file a ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com.They may not have a fix for you right away, but it's the best way for PMDG to keep track of these things.

Toni-I'd suggest pulling our and re-inserting your USB connection. If serial, I'd restart. Then remap and calibrate the throttle axis outside of FSX via control panel. Then start from FREE FLIGHT. That ought to fix whatever occured. Most of these issues have to do with how the throttle axis is sent/seen to the NGX. It's auto-throttle logic (along with everythig else in the simulation) is so far ahead of anything that ACES/MS dreamt of that if not seen exactly/correctly- there are interactions. Let us know....

Edited by lasnubes

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

A couple things here:-Avoid YouTube at all costs for tutorials. I understand people like video to go with the information, but a lot of the video creators haven't read anything about the plane and are really just stabbing around aimlessly (because they know just enough to pull it off). If you find one that's accurate to the checklist, it's only robotic and doesn't involve why. Again, just stick with the tutorial that came with the plane.-Re-installs are supposed to be a last resort. For those of you who jump into every thread saying 're-install', please stop. Try troubleshooting first, and then suggest the re-install. I'd argue that more than 90% of the time here on the forums, it's someone asserting they've done it correctly, but they really aren't. You think just because they say they're doing it that way means they're actually doing it that way? Come to work with me for a day (I'm an instructor), and watch what happens when I have them demonstrate their version of what I said. It's wrong every time they sit there and tell me "I do it exactly like you told me to!"-Run the tutorial. Don't run, skip, jump, or otherwise overlook any text. Read it word for word. Follow it step by step, and for good measure, re-calibrate your hardware. Try it then.Things I'd like to have to be able to help you better:-Screenshots of your throttle quadrant when your hardware is at full throttle, and at idle.-Screenshots of the GROUND CONNECTIONS page of the MCDU when you cannot move.

Kyle Rodgers

I have the same problem, but only with the left engine.
Well, then we both have the same problem.A ticket is deliverd to PMDG support and so should you.My throttle quad has been calibrated and the problem persistRegardsReid S