Sign in to follow this  
gliderdriver

Cessna 172SP damage mod

Bit of a 'heads up' really, but has anyone yet had a go at this new addition to the file library by Ismail Hakki Guzel?"Damage Mod for the Default Cessna 172SP - Features included: - Engine wear - Engine Damage with fire and sound effect - Engine Oil use, adding oil - Flaps Motor Wear - Flaps Motor Damage with sound effect - Flaps Wear with sound effect - Flaps Damage with sound effect - Wheel Brake Right and Wheel Brake Left Damage with sound effect - Flight controls Damage (Aileron,Elevator,Rudder) with sound effect - AFCS (Automatic Flight Control System) Servos Wear with sound effect - AFCS (Automatic Flight Control System) Servos Damage - Pitot overheat (if you use pitot heat too long on ground) - Reminder to next maintance - All Damage situations will be logged and saved for C172 Analog - All Damage situations will be logged and saved for C172 Garmin1000"Might go well with the up coming A2A enhancements?Best to all.

I've had a go at this. To test it out, I decided to bang the bird down hard and damage the prop. No more than 2 seconds later, smoke was pouring out, small flashes of fire coming from the engine, the whole experience really! Engine died out, as I was notified by the loss of engine sound, so I quickly turned back for the airport. Attempted to put the flaps down, but I couldn't - seems like I've broken those as well. Losing speed! Maintained best glide speed and juuuuussttt made it. I turned off the engine and the smoke went away. Going to SHFT+7, I saw a checklist to what I had damaged, which was just as I expected with the incident that just occurred. One thing I can't get to know is how you get the oil working. There is like an 'oil checker' and also a bottle to add oil. However, I don't know how to get that working as I don't believe it talked about anything in the Readme.Otherwise, this modification is amazing! :) Nice fun with a touch of realism :D

Edited by Clem Wu

Yeah - thanks for the heads-up, Phil. I'm not much on flames, but normal wear and tear, oil, and tire pressures could/should be normal for all of the default aircraft! I like it!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hello,Indeed a magnificent initiative. There is also one for the Carenado Beech V35b.However, the documentation lacks a bit.So I can't find the proper way to install it.In the cessan folder there is a partial aircraft.cfg. What do I have to do with it?Luc BrusselmansBelgium

You find your original aircraft.cfg, and locate the [GENERAL] section. From here onwards (including the General section), highlight this and replace it with the contents in the provided (partial) aircraft.cfg. Hope this helps :)