Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

FSX can be Ammmazing at times!

Finally got around to purchasing the Milviz 310R for FSX :( and wow what a great machine. Today was very cloudy and high gusty wind around KPNS and I was setting up com input devices and doing some testing. Coming in from the north I set up on the ILS in heavy weather and turb. No radios on or traffic information...just kind of flying like they drive in Paris....lol . Things got pretty rough and this little plane was all over the sky. Never was able to see ahead of me until down to about 1000 ft. Thats when she broke lock and just rolled over to the right. Yes it made my palms wet and my neck stiff!! LOL I got the AP off and rolled it back towards the airport and that is when I noticed that I had been bouncing along about a quarter of a mile or so behind a jet!! Wind 13 gusting to 29 and wake turb. Duuuuuhhhhhh!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

my favorite is when i touched down on the runway nice and soft (I was very impressed, btw), but then tried to turn off the runway, I couldn't. I was trying to increase power and using my rudder and my ailerons and still wouldn't go. I pressed "S" and I found out why. this idiot forgot to put down his gear lol

On a flight out of FAJS with PMDG 747 I couldn't get the plane to pick up speed properly and around 20 000 ft struggling against stall warnings and an autopilot refusing to climb further, I decided to look at the plane from the outside. To quote Capt Peter Burkill from BA Flight 38: "I thought about raising the gear, that's the biggest drag on a commercial jet ..."This is why I should never be allowed near the controls of anything that can actually really get off the ground.FSX can be amazing at times, but I am the same incomptent fool all the time :(

Edited by ClearedtoLand

More than once I discovered that my landing gear was down the entire flight only when I was on approach and went to lower it, discovering the 3 green lights that must have been invisible until then. :Doh:Kind regards,

I saw Chuck Yeager do the same at Oshkosh once- a Squad of p51's-he forgot to put the gear up....

As long as gear is down when you come to a land, you are safe!!

Hi Stephen, I'm glad I am not the only one to have fallen into that trap. And if it can happen to Chuck Yeager, we're not in such bad company :( .Now, running the risk of turning this topic into how amazingly dim I can be, on approach to EGLL with a PMDG 747, the TCAS started yelling at me to climb, I, bravely, decided to ignore it since I was cleared to land, and I figured the other plane would probably be told to go around. And what could the TCAS possibly mean by CROSSING? Moments later my flight ended when I was tail ended by an MD 11 - obviously flown by someone even less attentative than myself. After that I never again ignored the TCAS and I now steer well clear of MD 11s. :(

As long as gear is down when you come to a land, you are safe!!
Hi Koichiro,You haven't seen my "landings" :( I buried the nose gear of a PMDG 737 NGX into the tarmac at FACT this afternoon. That smiley doesn't fully capture the sense of embarrassment I experienced at that inglorious moment. Although I have to say, the sparks were quite pretty. Edited by ClearedtoLand

Hi Koichiro,You haven't seen my "landings" :( I buried the nose gear of a PMDG 737 NGX into the tarmac at FACT this afternoon. That smiley doesn't fully capture the sense of embarrassment I experienced at that inglorious moment. Although I have to say, the sparks were quite pretty.
Hi Francois,As long as you can walk away from the airplane, that's a nice landing.... If you can use the airplane again then that's a great landing!

Hi Francois,As long as you can walk away from the airplane, that's a nice landing.... If you can use the airplane again then that's a great landing!
Koichiro, I really admire your positive attitude, I think I may have to borrow it for my next flight.