Sign in to follow this  
P47D

Cessna 182RG

When I press the triggle button on my joystick to apply the brakes, for this plane only the brakes almost lock up.. and the plane dives towards the ground... Does anyone know how to relax the brake pressure on this aircraft only?Thanks

yes you adjust the brake pressure: Just funny that you find it too excessive as most people complain it do not want to stop.Open the 182RG aircraft.cfg file with notepad.scroll down till you find this section[brakes]toe_brakes_scale=1.1 //1.6 change the value lower to have less brakes. In the example it was changed from 1.6 to 1.1 making it brakes less effective. Same thing when you want to increase the braking power. increase the value from 1.6 to 2.5 and I guarantee you an instant stop..

Thank you very much. Maybe it's my joystick. It just has a lot of travel in the strut I guess and just dives radically towards the ground when I press the button. Mainly at low speeds is when I have the most probelm. I just want to tap the brakes and it just jams on...I appreciate the quick reply.

Its not a scalar function in fs sadly... brakes are all or nothing, and locking up is an unfortunate quirk unless 'anti lock' is set.The brake wackyness is one of the things I fixed when working fixing the 182rg fde's.

Edited by Firekitten

You can assign the AntiLock function to a key combo in the FSX Controls section.Try turning on AntiLock and see if it improves the situation!I often assign it just so that the wheels do not lock in the exterior view, but havenot paid attention to braking behavior in the airplane..

Bert

Can you expand on how to adjust the anti lock function? Does this then effect all planes in the game?

You have to assign a key combination in the FSX Controls settings.. ALT/Options/Settings/Controlsand then you have to actually push these keys to activate Brakes/AntiSkid for this flight and for this airplane.It does not affect other planes.In the external view you can see if the wheels lock when braking or not.In my FSX install, the setting is (CTRL+,) as in CTRL key and Comma key together.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

O.. I thought you were talking about a .cfg change... I understand that.