Sign in to follow this  
Cap737Jon

GPWS call outs

I have 2 call outs 1000 and 100. Is there any way to add more? I'd like 500-200 and maybe minimums... anybody able to help out??Thank you,Jon

Have you read the introduction document? Options like that are set in the cdu.

you can switch them on in the FMC/pmdg options.i find them and the speed callouts a bit hit and miss.sometimes they work ,sometimes not. steve-0 :(

I cant get her to call anything to do with minimums. I got all the other numbers called but nothing else. I'm thinking I have something set that is messing with the call out. Any ideas??Jon

Did you set anything for minimums?

Did you set anything for minimums?
Where are those set? Same place as turning them on/off? Damn I knew it was going to be something simple!!! 23 hrs with out sleep makes a guy miss the simplest things. Thank you for the help!!Jon

Yes, if you don't set any minimums with the "Mins" knob (pressing it or ratating it) in the EFIS panel, there's no callout.

You MAY just want to consider changing that signature for the time being Jon....it's a little deceiving. :(

Yes, if you don't set any minimums with the "Mins" knob (pressing it or ratating it) in the EFIS panel, there's no callout.
Thank you! Edited by Cap737Jon

Do you have a picture of that? I can't find it, I've been looking for it.

I figured it out! Tha is for the help! The panel is top left. Right above where the ter, WX and other buttons are. I still need help with the settings. I set Baro 250 does that mean it calls at 250ft or...??Jon

When set to baro, it calls minimums at 250ft MSL (referring to your altitude above Mean Sea Level). When set to radio, it calls minimums at 250ft AGL (Above Ground Level, referring to your actual altitude above terrain). What to use depends on which type of approach you are flying (look at the approach plates minimums section).

Edited by ckeddf

A little reading of some fundamentals here is probably in order (check captains are supposed to know this stuff after all).First, the intro manual, if not the tutorials at least shows you where these things are, if not explaining how they work. After that, it's not a bad idea to spend the time the IRUs are spinning up looking around to find where things are. Challenge for tonight: Where's the cockpit video switch?As mentioned by Christoph:BARO means Barometric minimums, which means it's based on barometric pressure, which will give you height above sea level.RADIO means Radio minimums, which means it's based on radio altitude, which will give you height above ground level.Which one you use is based on the particular approach calling for it.It's worth spending a little time poking around the flight deck to see where things are. It's also very worth it to actually read the intro. There are a lot of features that will go missed if you don't read that (the content of this thread is one of them).For the people who are going to jump on me for my RTFM position: I'm all for using the forums to share information, but to be honest, the intro, tutorial and manuals are the info that is already shared, so read them (you paid for them after all). Here's where we discuss them.

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah thanks everyone for the actuall help and not degrading comments in a HELP section. I finally got to talk to my dad. He helped me out with a lot of things.