Sign in to follow this  
falcon21

Post Your Rig

I'm curious to see what setups people are using and what settings they are able to run Flight on. Post in a format simular to this:Computer: (Brand/model)CPU: (Brand/model, Speed)Memory: (Type, Speed, Size)Graphics: (Brand/model, Memory)DirectX: (9, 10, 11)Windows: (Version)Hardware: (Joystick, Rudder Pedals, ect...)And then post each setting level below.

my setups are in my signature.....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I hate these threads. Virtual wang compatition. Flight runs so well even on low end computers it really does not matter.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I hate these threads. Virtual wang compatition. Flight runs so well even on low end computers it really does not matter.
I don't care if someone has a million dollar super computer, I just want to see how Flight performs across various setups.If you post your PC specs then post your setting levels. (This isn't a virtual wang compatition so no bragging or gloating.) Edited by falcon21

Falcon i have flight runing on the I7 960 runing at stock speeds 3.2 ghz with 6 gigz of ram and a old GTX460 .At the moment i have flight all in max settings with no problems so far.

Image removed as image is no longer available.

It runs well even on a Q6600 and a GT8800. Trust me, I know.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Running it on a 2 year old Toshiba A505 laptop with a Centrino processor... 4GB ram... and it's running just fine on medium settings...

Well unfortunately Flight actually runs very poorly on my machine unless I deliberately cripple my graphics card. I have to turn the AA way up (to 32xS), dramatically lower the speed of the memory on it and then cripple it in the game as well by flying the Icon with the moving map enabled. If I go in the other direction and make it easier on the graphics card, the stuttering keeps getting worse and worse. This seems to be the only way to contain frame rates to prevent stuttering so severe that the game looks like a slide show (since enabling vsync, whilst eliminating screen tearing, does not seem to stop the frames bashing down the floodgates and making a mess of everything). If I take the Stearman up for example, it looks like I am getting 5 frames per second, but fraps is going nuts well into the two hundreds (vsync temporarily disabled just to really make sure it was not a "performance" issue).I believe that in optimising Flight to run on mainstream configurations, Microsoft have missed an odd frame-syncing related issue whereby it will run very poorly on machines with very high graphics power relative to the screen size. So poorly that not even vsync will solve it, and it just ends up turning into a complete stutter fest. This also happened in my later years with FSX as I updated to my current machine with a GTX580 card. I then had to enable the frame rate limiter (at 60, my monitor refresh rate, even though i already had vsync enabled at 60 Hz), which solved the problem perfectly, but this feature is not available in Flight (nor does the old line in the FSX config work).So people thinking of getting a state of the art graphics card might want to be weary of this unless they are going to run a huge monitor which will naturally handicap the card. Otherwise you are better off using a low powered card with this game.I guess most people run much larger monitors than me, which is possibly why I am the only person who seems to have reported it. But I just can't use normal sized monitors (i.e 2000 plus pixels) as they make me quite dizzy and nauseous when I look at them (1366 x 768 pixels is big enough for me).

Edited by JonP01

I can only fly with the lowest settings. Anything other than low in any setting gives me a choppy view. Just for the heck of it I maxed it out and I was getting about 1 fPS which was pretty much unusable.My specs:AMD Athlon 64 dual core 5600+ 2.81GHz64 bit Windows 76 gig ramGeForce 8600 GT with 512meg ram.Perhaps I should can some of the extra processes I have like SQL Server and a lot of the crap Visual Studio loads up. It may gain me some extra cycles.

Guest firehawk44

In my signature is mine... I have all settings set to max. Very fluid.Best regards,Jim

Q9550 stock speed, stock cooler, Asus P5Q Deluxe MB, 16Gb corsair dominator Ram, Nvidia GTX275, win7x64, saitek x52 pro hotas. Runs great with everything on high, runs super ultra silky on medium.Running at 1400x1050.Haven't made myself a x52 profile yet, will do that on weekend