Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

How to change from metric to imperial units?

On the first day i accidentally installed Flight in german language.The voice and text was german but the units as usual in aviation in imperial units like feet ,nautical miles....I deinstalled and reinstalled in english, everything now is in english except the units. Now everything is written kmph, meters and so on.It distracts me because im not used to it in aviation.How to change back?

Unfortunately, they had to code Flight such that these settings are picked up from the operating system's Regionalization settings. If your OS is configure to use metric, then that's what will be use by Flight.You will need to set your Windows Regionalization settings to use the imperial units...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

And how to do that?
Windows StartControl PanelClock, Language, and RegionAdjust for Region...

Fr. Bill    

Unfortunately, they had to code Flight such that these settings are picked up from the operating system's Regionalization settings.
I don't think they had to, I think they chose to.

Makes sense to me. And so easy to change. It should be included in the manual though.

I don't think they had to, I think they chose to.
That's not what the devs told me...

Fr. Bill    

That's not what the devs told me...
So French Airbuses use altitude in metres? I don't think so.It is a user option in FS9/X

Bad way to do simple thing. I do not want to change my windows setings, I need it for other things but games. really a shame.

Bad way to do simple thing. I do not want to change my windows setings, I need it for other things but games. really a shame.
If you got Vista or 7, you could try the below approach (can't test it now): - create another user - configure that user's locale settings to what you need to run flight - run flight and see if you got imperial unitsIf all ok, I think it's possible to return to your normal user, but on flight's shortcut, configure it to run with the above created user's credentials.PS: needs to be tested, no Win machine around me at this time to be able to do it myself.

Bad way to do simple thing.
I totally agree.