Sign in to follow this  
Scott - A2A

FSX available as an instant download

HelloConsider setting them up with Flight!, It's free and their existing gamepad will be fine, In the Flight! forum even REAL pilots are flying with the mouse it is that well implemented.Did I mention its Free!
Not to start a flame war or anything they get everthing for one price with FSX so that will give them more money to afford a better joystick. Just%20Kidding.gif Bryan. Edited by bsmfinegan

Not to start a flame war or anything they get everthing for one price with FSX so that will give them more money to afford a better joystick. Just%20Kidding.gifBryan.
Hello BryanI know that well enough, its just that in the interests of fairness and balance I have promised myself one positive post about Flight! per dayThat was it !To be honest I have been spending way to much time down in the happy clappy forum, I think it is starting to rub off on me.

Hello BryanI know that well enough, its just that in the interests of fairness and balance I have promised myself one positive post about Flight! per dayThat was it !To be honest I have been spending way to much time down in the happy clappy forum, I think it is starting to rub off on me.
Happy clappy forum....LOL I like it :( :LMAO:Bryan. Edited by bsmfinegan

I have not tried this one from Thustmaster, but it looks pretty good for the money ($50):3326185_sb.jpghttp://www.bestbuy.c...tick&cp=1&lp=15Scott.
It is.Good construction quality, plus it is programmable (via FSX or FSUIPC, or both) with 4 axes (4th is rudder) and 12 buttons. I have (almost) everything on it (rudder, flaps, gear, spoilers, trim, brakes).

Happy clappy forum....LOL I like it
:LMAO:Thx. Just spit coffee all over my yoke, monitor, keyboard. Edited by Barnstormer1

I've got that Logitech stick you're showing, and it's a surprisingly solid, dependable little thing. When I built my cockpit pod, I went in search of an ambidextrous stick I could use as a left-hand side stick, and this was one of the only ones I found. A year in, it's still working great and feeling good.

Also, your local air Museum should all at least have a computer with a copy of FSX running. Our local museum has five full workstations and they are always full. Make sure they put this stuff in their shop too.
It always amazes me that my local air museum - the National Air and Space Museum - doesn't have FSX running, or for that matter any simulator to give visitors a hands-on way of taking control of an airplane.A missed opportunity for them and also a missed marketing opportunity for Microsoft and others.I'll be happy to go to work on them - though I'm guessing it'll be a long push through a big bureaucracy.Still, gotta start somewhere...

I've got that Logitech stick you're showing, and it's a surprisingly solid, dependable little thing.
I flew for a while with a Logitech Force Feedback stick and also was pleasantly surprised with it's construction. However, my CH Pro Combat Stick has just survived the long haul and is showing no signs of wearing out. My CH Pedals did break eventually, and have Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, that I bolted to the floor and am pretty happy with.Scott.

According to the Description it's been there since 1/2011, so I don't think the release of Flight had anything to do with it. I wonder how long it will stay there, with a price of $30 with complete content, it could take customers away from Flight, which would not be in MS's interest.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d