Sign in to follow this  
Nixon

Fuel calculations

I use vroute premium and it seems to be pretty accurate for me. does anyone know if the calculations are generally "off"? which would mean i really don't know ANYTHING. which i guess is quite possible...

+1 for vRoute. Is cheap, does the job and is a nice and good route database!

Here's another vote for NGCalc for an iPhone or iPad. Great application and very accurate.

It changed its name to FSCalc I think. It now has 767 and MD-11 fuel calculations also.

I normally use FSBuild, and just use the included profiles for fuel burn. I have now simulated 3 delivery flights, each being 9+ hours. And I was very surprised to find that even for such long flights, the fuel burn difference was under 500 kilos for each, one was off by only 100 kilos

Adam Kaleniak

Same here....FSBUILD with Active Sky WXR injected is surprisingly accurate...did a couple pond hops on the weekend...within 100kg each trip.

If you guys are serious about getting real, try this http://fsfuel.com/ its probably as real as you can get. (Not free sadly)

FsFuel first launched in August 2010 and offers the only engine to provide highly accurate computations based on real-world aircraft-engine performance data, support weather forecasts and ETOPS.

Some good features that other flight planning tools dont have are:

- Planned fuel flow per hour reduces as the inflight weight of the aircraft reduces thus being more true to life and then calculates a step climb. (perfect for Long Haul and the incoming PMDG777)

- As with real flight planning software the CRZ level is automaticly calculated based on your estimated ZFW for the flight and is usually produced by the airline 2-3 hours before departure based on PAX bookings & freight estimates.

IM

Guest dlrk

I use FSFuel, but it's been totally ditched by the developer

Ok thanks Darrol,

I have not used if for away as my credits ran out, but I did receive an email from them recently advising of their new version FSFuel 3.

Have not tried the new version yet.

IM