Sign in to follow this  
simbio

Inattentive crew left the cockpit in random scenario

Entering in the cockpit is always easy everything is in the correct place knob switch, so it does not push you to operate on amplified Procedures checklist.Why don't have the possibility to active random scenario where you need Amplified Normal Procedures as the precedent crew left the cockpit with switch and knob in wrong position.

Because precedent crews probably never ever leave anything at "random" positions, as they in turn also went thru their amplified shutdown procedures in order to leave everything cleaned up... :( Just a thought. BTW - there is no such procedure that "pushes" you to conduct it - it's part of your duty to conduct them, and you shall adhere to it for your very own safety...sig.gif

But it would be nice if we could have a random switch settings after you perform maintenance on your aircraft!Things like leaving the elec hyd pumps on with the flaps lever in 1:)Or a fuel cutoff switch on once in a while...You know, to add a little more immersion.RegardsMark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

But it would be nice if we could have a random switch settings after you perform maintenance on your aircraft!Things like leaving the elec hyd pumps on with the flaps lever in 1:)Or a fuel cutoff switch on once in a while...You know, to add a little more immersion.RegardsMark
Yes. I've always wanted this feature.I now skip most of the NGX cockpit procedures because I've learnt the default switch positions. In reality this can be deadly (Helios Flight 522 for example).

I am scared of possible answer from PMDG staff like if you are lazy it's not our business :(

What I do, is at the end of each flight after the Securing Aircraft Checklist, I save the panel state with a name like 738British for that Livery. That way i will always have some of the switches in a different position.

Hi Simbio,I planned to do the same request today :( . Thank you for for doing so !Btw there were this option in Aerowinx PS1, I loved it. May be is possible via a third party program ?!Regards,Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Way back when, PS 1.3 had this. Maybe the gear was left in the "UP" position or flaps 1, etc... Enough to make you pay extra attention during your pre flight. Not sure how hard it would be for PMDG to have random switches moved in the sim for cold and dark startup. (Speaking of which C&D is not really the normal state you find your commercial airliner in much anyway...)Also, I like the way PS1 used to send messages via ACARS to simulate airline Ops. (Reduce CI, Hold at XXX, etc...) I think it'd be nice of we could get those in PMDG planes, but not mandatory.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

In line with what Matias said, why not shut down and then set some random switches/config and save as a panel state? Repeat several times naming the panel states differently, then walk away for awhile so you forget what you've done and then load one of those panel states.