Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

Is it PSU or is the HD 6750

I just bought a HD 6750 2GB DDR3, I have a local make PSU which is a 450 w but I would say it would only give me 250-300 w. The HD 6750 has a six pin power connector , I went in to ATI CCC and then in to performance to OC the card I can raise the clock to 800 / 1000 and have no problems. But the moment I start FSX or XPX I get green patches on the screen. Does anyone know if it is a PSU (Hmmm i think it is the PSU) , is there any testing software which I can run on the card like OC and benching the stability.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

If I had to take a guess I would say it's the PSU. The HD6750 shouldn't demand to much w, but a no-name 450 PSU sounds very, let's say "venturous", to me. If it comes to PSU's you should always go for quality from a well-known brand. A few years back I had a no-name PSU and it killed my GPU one day. Also overclocking with such a thing is very risky as the specs almost never match up with what really comes out of that thing. According to your sig you also overclocked your CPU, so chances are good the PSU can't keep up with the new power consumption in your rig. Go for a PSU with at least 600w I would suggest, and get one from Corsair or another quality supplier. That should give you enough room to overclock everything you want and run a stable system with enough power, even for the future.

Your PSU is vastly underpowered for what you are running!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

And since it's unanimous that it is the PSU (duh), just how hot (and noisy) is that baby getting?Have a fire extinguisher and something to yank the cord out of the wall ready.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

And since it's unanimous that it is the PSU (duh), just how hot (and noisy) is that baby getting?Have a fire extinguisher and something to yank the cord out of the wall ready.
Nah she is very cool @37-40 c.
If I had to take a guess I would say it's the PSU. The HD6750 shouldn't demand to much w, but a no-name 450 PSU sounds very, let's say "venturous", to me. If it comes to PSU's you should always go for quality from a well-known brand. A few years back I had a no-name PSU and it killed my GPU one day. Also overclocking with such a thing is very risky as the specs almost never match up with what really comes out of that thing. According to your sig you also overclocked your CPU, so chances are good the PSU can't keep up with the new power consumption in your rig. Go for a PSU with at least 600w I would suggest, and get one from Corsair or another quality supplier. That should give you enough room to overclock everything you want and run a stable system with enough power, even for the future.
I have almost spent $1000 on my Toshiba + accessories and also on the desktop (GFX card ). Here in India we a VIP PSU (quality PSU) which is supposed to be giving pure output and does not cost much. Else I need to check on the 500-600 w CM or corsair.
Your PSU is vastly underpowered for what you are running!
Yeah I need to get a PSU in a couple of days.

I bought a new PSU but still a local make but a reputed one and very well known for performance and output a 500w http://www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/smps03.html , but still when I use the AMD overdrive in the ATI CCC I get the green patches and need to reboot. would it mean a bad ATI card ? The PSU is a very good one and used by many and approved too.

Phew, ironmaiden, don´t you think it´s about time for a new rig??A new part here and there doesn´t make any sense, I´ve been there, done that, but surely I learned a lot, and paid a lot of cash too!Here´s the problem:AMD Athlon II X3 445 Get a new rig, please...

Phew, ironmaiden, don´t you think it´s about time for a new rig??A new part here and there doesn´t make any sense, I´ve been there, done that, but surely I learned a lot, and paid a lot of cash too!Here´s the problem:AMD Athlon II X3 445 Get a new rig, please...
Right now I cannot afford any new rig have spent almost a grand for Laptop + accessories and LED 20" acer / hd 6750 . What makes you say that it is the Athlon , the chip works very well.

I won´t go into a discussion with you, but please wake up and look at reality, OK?i5 2500Ki7 2600KNvidia 580- and people still encounter performance issues!Your rig is not fit for FSX, period...Save up for a new one, instead of wasting your money with "patches".PS: You have been informed before:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/342918-would-this-be-worth-buying-for-fsx/

I won´t go into a discussion with you, but please wake up and look at reality, OK?i5 2500Ki7 2600KNvidia 580- and people still encounter performance issues!Your rig is not fit for FSX, period...Save up for a new one, instead of wasting your money with "patches".
lol it actually runs fine with fsx :) I just need a bit more speed for X plane 10.

Why you keep posting then..?Try the X-Plane forum instead!PS: "But the moment I start FSX or XPX I get green patches on the screen."You are wasting peoples time here, really...

Why you keep posting then..?Try the X-Plane forum instead! :LMAO:
Is this not a hardware related issue :)

You are wasting peoples time here, really...
Nice attitude Tor! Frankly the OP or any user has every right to post hardware related questions (no matter how big or small) and it should never be considered a waste of time. Also knocking someones rig is childish and you are out of line. If it works for him/her then that is what matters. Back to topic. Ironmaiden - Back the clocks down on your card.Try the card in FSX or XPlane at stock settings and see if the green artifacts occur. If they don't then bump your OC back up. Watch the temps on your GPU to rule out overheating.If you still get green artifacts at stock then it most likely is the card.

Nice attitude Tor!Frankly the OP or any user has every right to post hardware related questions (no matter how big or small) and it should never be considered a waste of time.Also knocking someones rig is childish and you are out of line. If it works for him/her then that is what matters.Back to topic.Ironmaiden - Back the clocks down on your card.Try the card in FSX or XPlane at stock settings and see if the green artifacts occur. If they don't then bump your OC back up. Watch the temps on your GPU to rule out overheating.If you still get green artifacts at stock then it most likely is the card.
Hi,At stock the card works perfectly. I am planning replacing it today.
Can we get a screenshot of the said artifacts afflicting your sims?
Sure.