Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Is this RC Aircraft film in Germany?

I guess the video was filmed in different locations in Germany.An example is the town of Grafenhainichen in eastern Germany.You can see it a few times in the film (e.g. the water tower on the Gremminen See and the industrial memorial mine machines - Ferropolis).I guess a German simmer could tell you more about particular locations.

Hi Daniel,funny, the first thirty seconds or so, plus other bits and pieces later on, were filmed in and around my old hometown, Marburg an der Lahn, about an hour's drive north of Frankfurt. Interesting perspective for sure ;-)Cheers, Holger

Daniel,Thank you for that link. It's a superb piece of entertainment.It left me wondering about three things... what the pedestrians thought, whether the 'pilot' ducked at about 00:57 (!) and does he always have line of sight to the RC or ever rely on a portable monitor (no really foul weather).Thanks!DA perfect ending too...

Awesome video.Lots of different places there...

That's insane. Just great. Great quality too, and the wide angle shot fits just perfect.

does he always have line of sight to the RC or ever rely on a portable monitor (no really foul weather).
No idea but it doesn't look like he's "remote controlling" it via its built-in cam. Looks like he's just piloting it visually.Pretty 'airy' flying style too!! :( I have zero clue how he manages to get it around all the rocks and trees and stuff, but he certainly knows that bird inside out.EDIT Just saw the ending - kids you've gotta see this. Picture perfect spot landing! :(

Lovely. Thanks for the link. Even my gf watched entranced right through..

Hi Daniel,funny, the first thirty seconds or so, plus other bits and pieces later on, were filmed in and around my old hometown, Marburg an der Lahn, about an hour's drive north of Frankfurt. Interesting perspective for sure ;-)Cheers, Holger
The great Sandman himself!Thanks for the intel! I have been to Switzerland, not Germany, yet! I want to see Germany soon. Especially after that video.Yes the guy that made that video could have a leg up now to a film portfolio/movie roles in Special Effects or something exciting!