Sign in to follow this  
airwolfe

Switched to 2D panel as default, FO still won't start engines ?

I changed the default panel to 2D, I see the 2D panel for an instant, then the NGX initializes and goes back to VC. Setup FDU, the FO asked 'are you sure about that' during the checklist. FO still says we are not configured for engine start. I wish there was someway to see what it is the FO does not like about my CDU configuration. FS2Crew rocks ! but I want my FO to do his job.

I changed the default panel to 2D, I see the 2D panel for an instant, then the NGX initializes and goes back to VC. Setup FDU, the FO asked 'are you sure about that' during the checklist. FO still says we are not configured for engine start. I wish there was someway to see what it is the FO does not like about my CDU configuration. FS2Crew rocks ! but I want my FO to do his job.
SOmething is still wrong, It should stay in the 2D panel and you have to switch to the VC after, check again that in the display menu in fsx the startup state is set to 2d

Hi Morgan,That's really weird.I've never seen an FSX aircraft changed views by itself after you loaded it... something is funky on your system.Please do this:1. Locate your FSX.CFG file.2. Make a backup copy of it.3. Delete the FSX.CFG file. It will rebuild when you load FSX.4. Load FSX.5. The Trike should be the default aircraft now, not the NGX.6. You're going to have to "trust" all the addons you have again... click yes for all of them.7. Go into the FSX Settings options menu and select "2D" cockpit as the one the gets loaded by default.8. You should now be loading the NGX in the "cleanest way" possible.9. Do "not" make your NGX the default aircraft that gets loaded. PMDG recommends against that, and I suspect it may be the source of some of your issues.10. Try everything again and see if your FO behaves better now that you've started fresh and clean.Failing that, PM me and I'll help you via Remote Desktop.

Hi Morgan,That's really weird.I've never seen an FSX aircraft changed views by itself after you loaded it... something is funky on your system.Please do this:1. Locate your FSX.CFG file.2. Make a backup copy of it.3. Delete the FSX.CFG file. It will rebuild when you load FSX.4. Load FSX.5. The Trike should be the default aircraft now, not the NGX.6. You're going to have to "trust" all the addons you have again... click yes for all of them.7. Go into the FSX Settings options menu and select "2D" cockpit as the one the gets loaded by default.8. You should now be loading the NGX in the "cleanest way" possible.9. Do "not" make your NGX the default aircraft that gets loaded. PMDG recommends against that, and I suspect it may be the source of some of your issues.10. Try everything again and see if your FO behaves better now that you've started fresh and clean.Failing that, PM me and I'll help you via Remote Desktop.
Ok, I will try this after work today. Just for the record... should the Trike always be the default aircraft in FSX ? Do I need to actually load a flight with the trike, and then close it and load the NGX ?Also, is there any certain order I should re-run the setup for EZDOK, FS2Crew, AS2012, and Orbx PNW while 'rebuilding' my CFG file ? Thanks Bryan !

Ok, I will try this after work today. Just for the record... should the Trike always be the default aircraft in FSX ? Do I need to actually load a flight with the trike, and then close it and load the NGX ?Also, is there any certain order I should re-run the setup for EZDOK, FS2Crew, AS2012, and Orbx PNW while 'rebuilding' my CFG file ?Thanks Bryan !
The trike should be the first thing you see when you click the fsx icon and it opens up.

The trike should be the first thing you see when you click the fsx icon and it opens up.
Ok, but I don't need to actually load it up and 'Fly Now' and then close it before loading NGX ?

Ok, but I don't need to actually load it up and 'Fly Now' and then close it before loading NGX ?
Hi Morgan,No, you don't need to physically load the trike first.On my system, I see the Trike in the Free Flight screen when I first load FSX, then I open the NGX from the main FSX menu.I don't actually load the Trike first and be in it's cockpit.You don't need to.I should point out though that other users have the NGX as the default aircraft (not the trike) and they report no issues.But computers are like people... every one behaves differently... so hopefully this will help you.Best,

Hi Morgan,No, you don't need to physically load the trike first.On my system, I see the Trike in the Free Flight screen when I first load FSX, then I open the NGX from the main FSX menu.I don't actually load the Trike first and be in it's cockpit.You don't need to.I should point out though that other users have the NGX as the default aircraft (not the trike) and they report no issues.But computers are like people... every one behaves differently... so hopefully this will help you.Best,
Gotcha. I will report back after work when I get a chance to re-build the CFG file.

No you don't.

Hi Byork,I can confirm same problem as reported by airwolfe."Fs2crew for PMDG 737NGX" hmmmmm I am long waited for this add-on. Thanks fs2crew for this development. I am pleasured to buy :Peace:My config:HW: close to nuclear power plan counting capacity :( and controll: Speedlink Black Widow joke+thrust comboi7-2600k 3,4Ghz with 16GB RAM, OCZ Vertex-3 SSD for OS and FSX.SW: OS Win7x64FSX Gold Edition SP1cPMDG 737NGX example 800Winglet modelOther special add-ons:Budapest airport scenery (LHBP) V2 by Andras Kozma, remember for MALEVAivlaSoft EFB not used hereREX 2.0 OV not use hereSteps:- load FS2CREW first, select button control, enable fw2crew button control. OK on confirm screen- click on FSX icon. Win7 inform about back to basic theme (from aero desktop).- Start screen show Trike airplane/Friday Harbor as part of original configuration- My setting contain 2D mode (as already configured for PMDG double checked)- All authorize questions answered (can be two of them at first time after install, not asked any more)- Select PMDG 800Winglet, LHBP as airport Gate 32, and reset to current time.- Push Fly Now.- 2D screen appear- wait for pmdg green boot counter- switch by button "A" to VC mode.- Click on yoke to down and on FMC Load NGX CLDDRK config (original I think never modified), Exec- wait for next pmdg green boot counter.- click on ISFD space to open Fs2crew panel,- right click on hide menu bar (I must to perform two times mouse menu command just after second executed, can be fsx bug?)- fw2crew PWR and LT (because after 20:00LT night) I arrived to PREFLIGHT CHECKLIST- open CFG panel,- change TAIL to RIGHT (instead of LEFT)other settings:onborad speakers, region EU, T+30, APU, AES NO, DOORS YES, GATE DEP/ARR YES both, ASDE-X YESPB YES, dist 80ft, TAIL RIGHT, ANGLE 00 (I know that is will be corrected)- RUN PF clickFO start to work.- close CFGAfter APU power enabled to both bus:- panel light enabled for overhead, main and pedesral panels- both IRS to NAV ( I use button A to scroll for upper overhead panel, due I don't have TrackIR)- back to pilot screen, open via ISFD Fs2crew again (yes I click now on LK to lock panel good future:)- park brake set- FMC init position LHBP and gate 32, route load from Company route active and exec- also config FMC perf init, N1 limit CLB-1 26k thrust, flaps 5, CG by pmdg and all 3 speed ok.- Fligh director ON (just captain)- Load flight plan (use FSX flight plan load, not via EFB)T+19: FO back from walk aroundT+18: Start boarding YESFSX ask IFR clearance and confirm (setT+12: at FO finish preliminary procPrefligh check list COMPLETE until T+11T+10: BR button, Play Brief, NADP1, SID, flaps 5, DRY, A-ICE not req, bleeds on, close BR screen under talkT+9 BR completeT+8 LSheet Thank you.T+3: BEFORE START PROCEDURENormaly AFT and FWD cargo door open and unable to start BEFORE START PROCEDURE. So I close manualy via PMDG FSX action menu.T+2: what is this siren sound after close samething.so start BEFORE START PROCEDUREarm auto thr, MCP IAS=V2, set MCP course 309 on both side (FO not set if I see correctly) and heading also 309, set altitude to 6000 as asked by ATC before), arm LNAV and VNAVUnable to perform Taxi and takeoff brefing (where is this function???)T+1: cabin ready thanksBefore start checklist complettedT (T+1 disappear):CTC ground P/Bready for pushback- release brakes and report backfs2crew show (white START ENGINE 2 and yelow BREKAS SET)From here until plane fully stopped after pushback done (I confirm back BREAK SET) unable to start Engine 2 via same error message by FO. I checked many times in VC mode same issue. I also try to idle-cutoff swap many times but not help.I will check with later on with 2D mode (under all process) and cfg setting IF needed.Do you have any more idea? Can you have any debuging tools to check which config is not acceptable by fs2crew? Any more help can I give you to solve this problem? (I am back at 18 of march from holiday)I am able to start both engine manualy and perform any other steps (until arrive and secure) without any major problem.Jackson, an airplan technician and IT engineer

Hi Byork,I can confirm same problem as reported by airwolfe."Fs2crew for PMDG 737NGX" hmmmmm I am long waited for this add-on. Thanks fs2crew for this development. I am pleasured to buy :Peace:My config:HW: close to nuclear power plan counting capacity :( and controll: Speedlink Black Widow joke+thrust comboi7-2600k 3,4Ghz with 16GB RAM, OCZ Vertex-3 SSD for OS and FSX.SW: OS Win7x64FSX Gold Edition SP1cPMDG 737NGX example 800Winglet modelOther special add-ons:Budapest airport scenery (LHBP) V2 by Andras Kozma, remember for MALEVAivlaSoft EFB not used hereREX 2.0 OV not use hereSteps:- load FS2CREW first, select button control, enable fw2crew button control. OK on confirm screen- click on FSX icon. Win7 inform about back to basic theme (from aero desktop).- Start screen show Trike airplane/Friday Harbor as part of original configuration- My setting contain 2D mode (as already configured for PMDG double checked)- All authorize questions answered (can be two of them at first time after install, not asked any more)- Select PMDG 800Winglet, LHBP as airport Gate 32, and reset to current time.- Push Fly Now.- 2D screen appear- wait for pmdg green boot counter- switch by button "A" to VC mode.- Click on yoke to down and on FMC Load NGX CLDDRK config (original I think never modified), Exec- wait for next pmdg green boot counter.- click on ISFD space to open Fs2crew panel,- right click on hide menu bar (I must to perform two times mouse menu command just after second executed, can be fsx bug?)- fw2crew PWR and LT (because after 20:00LT night) I arrived to PREFLIGHT CHECKLIST- open CFG panel,- change TAIL to RIGHT (instead of LEFT)other settings:onborad speakers, region EU, T+30, APU, AES NO, DOORS YES, GATE DEP/ARR YES both, ASDE-X YESPB YES, dist 80ft, TAIL RIGHT, ANGLE 00 (I know that is will be corrected)- RUN PF clickFO start to work.- close CFGAfter APU power enabled to both bus:- panel light enabled for overhead, main and pedesral panels- both IRS to NAV ( I use button A to scroll for upper overhead panel, due I don't have TrackIR)- back to pilot screen, open via ISFD Fs2crew again (yes I click now on LK to lock panel good future:)- park brake set- FMC init position LHBP and gate 32, route load from Company route active and exec- also config FMC perf init, N1 limit CLB-1 26k thrust, flaps 5, CG by pmdg and all 3 speed ok.- Fligh director ON (just captain)- Load flight plan (use FSX flight plan load, not via EFB)T+19: FO back from walk aroundT+18: Start boarding YESFSX ask IFR clearance and confirm (setT+12: at FO finish preliminary procPrefligh check list COMPLETE until T+11T+10: BR button, Play Brief, NADP1, SID, flaps 5, DRY, A-ICE not req, bleeds on, close BR screen under talkT+9 BR completeT+8 LSheet Thank you.T+3: BEFORE START PROCEDURENormaly AFT and FWD cargo door open and unable to start BEFORE START PROCEDURE. So I close manualy via PMDG FSX action menu.T+2: what is this siren sound after close samething.so start BEFORE START PROCEDUREarm auto thr, MCP IAS=V2, set MCP course 309 on both side (FO not set if I see correctly) and heading also 309, set altitude to 6000 as asked by ATC before), arm LNAV and VNAVUnable to perform Taxi and takeoff brefing (where is this function???)T+1: cabin ready thanksBefore start checklist complettedT (T+1 disappear):CTC ground P/Bready for pushback- release brakes and report backfs2crew show (white START ENGINE 2 and yelow BREKAS SET)From here until plane fully stopped after pushback done (I confirm back BREAK SET) unable to start Engine 2 via same error message by FO. I checked many times in VC mode same issue. I also try to idle-cutoff swap many times but not help.I will check with later on with 2D mode (under all process) and cfg setting IF needed.Do you have any more idea? Can you have any debuging tools to check which config is not acceptable by fs2crew? Any more help can I give you to solve this problem? (I am back at 18 of march from holiday)I am able to start both engine manualy and perform any other steps (until arrive and secure) without any major problem.Jackson, an airplan technician and IT engineer
1) Fs2Crew will close the cargo doors when the ground crew is done.2) Taxi and takeoff brief is the same as the Departure brief (it's basically a reminder)3) You didnt announce the start sequence, you should say "start sequence is 2 then 1" etc

I found a button setting that was causing my 2-D cockpit to switch to VC. So that is solved and NGX loads up with no problems in 2-D. FO saying 'you might want to check that' about my CDU/FMC setup. What values MUST be entered before FO is happy with the CDU ?

I found a button setting that was causing my 2-D cockpit to switch to VC. So that is solved and NGX loads up with no problems in 2-D.FO saying 'you might want to check that' about my CDU/FMC setup. What values MUST be entered before FO is happy with the CDU ?
Glad you finally got it fixed ! Follow this procedure to setup the FMC, this is how we do it RWIDENT page:Verify that the MODEL is correct.Verify that the ENG RATING is correct.Verify that the navigation data base ACTIVE date range is current.POS INIT page:Verify that the time is correct.Enter the present position on the SET IRS POS line. Use the most accurate latitude and longitude.ROUTE page:Enter the ORIGIN.Enter the route.Enter the FLIGHT NUMBER.Activate and execute the routeDEPARTURES page:Select the runway and departure routing.Execute the runway and departure routing.LEGS page:Verify or enter the correct RNP for the departure.Verify that the route is correct on the RTE pages. Check the LEGSpages as needed to ensure compliance with the flight plan.PERF INIT page:Do not enter the ZFW into the GW boxes. The FMC will calculate performance data with significant errors.Enter the ZFW.If refueling is not complete, enter the PLAN trip fuel as needed.Verify that the fuel is sufficient for flight.Enter the Transition Altitude (the FO uses this altitude to call “Transition AltitudeN1 LIMIT page:Select an assumed temperature, or a fixed derate takeoff, or both as needed.Select a full or a derated climb thrust as needed.TAKEOFF REF page:Make data entries on page 2/2 before page 1/2. Enter the CG.Verify that a trim value is shown. Select or enter the takeoff V speedsVerify or enter an acceleration height.Verify or enter an engine out acceleration height.Verify or enter a thrust reduction altitude.Lastly verify that the preflight is complete.

Verify that the navigation data base ACTIVE date range is current.
Is this the AIRAC that must be updated periodically. I still get the 'nav database out of date' msg on my FMC when I fire it up... I have just been clearing it out. Do I need to update this from Navigraph ?
Select the runway and departure routing.
Just to be clear, I don't need to be putting in the ARR RNWY right ? I am pretty sure I don't, just want to cover the bases.
Verify or enter the correct RNP for the departure.
Make sure the LEGS section looks OK ???
Do not enter the ZFW into the GW boxes. The FMC will calculate performance data with significant errors.Enter the ZFW.If refueling is not complete, enter the PLAN trip fuel as needed.Verify that the fuel is sufficient for flight.Enter the Transition Altitude (the FO uses this altitude to call “Transition Altitude
I always click the LSK next to ZFW twice and NGX CDU fills this in. Is this an incorrect procedure ?I have been selecting fuel quantity from the 'FS Actions' area in CDU. either 1/3 2/3 or full. My transition altitude is already set at 18000, I understand it is 10000 in other parts of the world.
N1 LIMIT page:Select an assumed temperature, or a fixed derate takeoff, or both as needed.Select a full or a derated climb thrust as needed.
I used to enter 30 for OAT with TO-2 (I believe this was what was used in tutorial one) ... since then I read I could leave the OAT blank, which I have been doing.
Verify or enter an acceleration height.Verify or enter an engine out acceleration height.Verify or enter a thrust reduction altitude.
I will have to take a look at these.I clearly have lots to learn about this aircraft. Thanks for this breakdown. I will let you know if I can get that FO of mine to start the plane shortly.

Hi Morgan,If you want to have the updated sids/stars etc, yes.You can if you know it, or you can put in whats expected to be the arrivaldelete any discontinuity and check the rnp against the required rnp for departure