Sign in to follow this  
airwolfe

FO will now start engines !

After beating my FO into submission, he will now start the engines when I tell him to. Seriously though, I uninstalled FS2Crew and re-installed it. This was driving me NUTS ! NOTE: After I did the re-install, the NGX cockpit starts off in 2-D... then it DOES go back to VC during the initialization of NGX.

After beating my FO into submission, he will now start the engines when I tell him to. Seriously though, I uninstalled FS2Crew and re-installed it. This was driving me NUTS !NOTE: After I did the re-install, the NGX cockpit starts off in 2-D... then it DOES go back to VC during the initialization of NGX.
Glad you got it sorted!!!But are you sure all you did was re-install the software? You must have done something else differently.Between the time it worked and the time it didn't, did you set the switch in the FSX Settings - Aircraft menu to start the aircraft by default in the 2D cockpit?That's the only thing I can think of that would maybe solve your issue.As for it starts in 2D but goes to VC... you must have some key assignment connected to switch VC views that's being triggered in some way.

Glad you got it sorted!!!But are you sure all you did was re-install the software? You must have done something else differently.Between the time it worked and the time it didn't, did you set the switch in the FSX Settings - Aircraft menu to start the aircraft by default in the 2D cockpit?That's the only thing I can think of that would maybe solve your issue.As for it starts in 2D but goes to VC... you must have some key assignment connected to switch VC views that's being triggered in some way.
All I did was re-install. I changed the 2-D setting yesterday... I did have a switch assigned to it that (I think) was causing it to instantly go to VC when the NGX loaded. I deleted that assignment yesterday and it would stay in the 2-D, but still no FO engine starts.After the re-install of FS2Crew, the NGX stays in 2-D for about 5 seconds... then back to VC. Maybe something to do with EZDOK ??? The only key command to go to VC is default F9. I decided to re-install after reading another post in the Voice Control forum where re-install solved the user's problem... albeit it was a different problem than mine.

Amen to that ! I can't wait for the Hotfixes to release. Keep up the good work.

Well, I can't explain how a re-install by itself would solve the issue, but if it works it works. That's all that counts I guess.All is good.
One thing that changed was the livery I was using. After the re-install I started using the PMDG 800WL House... I had been using a livery I downloaded from the Avsim library called Bandit. After my success earlier I went back to the Bandit and had the same problems. I am now back in the house livery and things seem to be working correctly.

Morgan,Thank you very much for identifying that...That livery (and many other non official PMDG liveries possibly) was somehow mucking up the NGX (I guess).I've notified PMDG.Let's see if this helps other people.Everyone: If you have a weird issue, try using the default PMDG House livery, not a custom 3rd party one.