Sign in to follow this  
xxJohnxx

My first real...

I hope it will go well tomorow, however I think I am well prepared.

It costs about 9000 € here in Austria. Intially we also had one guy from Holland in our group. Sadly, he had to take a break.

For my PPL-C here in Germany I paid about 2000€. Training is cheapest when you do it is a flying club, because there you'll only pay what the aircraft actually eats up. Just for evidence, if I had done my PPL-C in a flying school I had paid about 5000€. But in a club it won't go so fast. I tool about 2 1/2 years, because I could only fly at weekends, but that's not to bad in my opinion.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Hi,

We arrived today at 9 o'clock lcl at the economy park (don't know why it has this name). Neither our teacher nor the examiner where there, so we started to prepare our workplace. We waited until about 10 o'clock and then the examiner and our teacher arrived. I was very nervous, because I wasn't sure how it will run. We started soon after ten o'clock and a young lady had answered all the questions after about 45 minutes. I don't know how she could be so fast, but she seemed to be well prepared. At about 15 minutes past eleven o'clock I handed in the last part of my exam, which was "operation procedures" and five minutes afterwards I got the information that I have passed the test. Sadly, I don't know how many percent I have, however I am happy that I have made it.

Afterwards we went to a local restaurant and we had a nice lunch. One big point on the way to my PPL done. Three other bigs points to do in the next months. :wink:

Best regards,

Jonathan

Well, congratulations for passing your knowledge test!

I would have expected at least a breakdown of how you did in each section

Hi Ken,

Yeah, I would also like to know what was good, and what wasn't so good. Let's see what my teacher knows.

John

I hope you enjoyed your flying! It's always a great experience finally flying a real plane instead of simulated ones all the time.

For what it's worth, guys, training can get very expensive on that side of the pond. Depending on your life situation (age, whether or not you're in uni, and so on), you can go to some schools here in the United States that are JAR approved. I know there's a school down in South Carolina that a few SAS pilots I know went to.

Comparatively, flying out of an airport in an "expensive" area (so the prices are higher than average for the US), I would pay:

102 Euro / Flight hour (fuel included)

45 Euro / Instructor hour

0 Euro for landing fees

76 Euro for a medical (that's for a Third Class medical at a local doc - the prices are not set/standardized)

260 Euro for ground classes (each)

70 Euro for tests, and so on.

All said and done, I finished my Private Pilot License at about 5700 Euro (including buying a headset, flight hours, instructor hours, books and classes).

So, if you can take some time and live with someone you know over here, or can get a loan to go to school here, it would probably be a lot cheaper. Some schools have programs where they provide housing to you, as well.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

I know it has been a long time since my last update here, however nothing really changed until the last few weeks. I am at about 30 hours yet, so still some time left. In September I can do the test for my radio license and hopefully start solo flying then. If everything works out, I am hopefully able to do the practical test in November if the weather and my progress fit :wink:

Flying in the dual seater my flight school has, the Tecnam p2002jf, I have made some good progress I think. Landings go well, and overall it could be worse.

My flight instructor decided to start flying C172 about 3 weeks ago and up to now I have about 3 to 4 hours with it. Compared to the Tecnam it is pretty different. Like the forces required if not trimmed properly, in the Tecnam you don't really bother, however in the C172 it can get pretty exhausting if not trimmed perfectly.

My instructor made a

last sunday, after we flew to our training airport where we fly a lot of touch and goes. That has been probably my 12 or 13th landing in the C172, and the 4th or 5th that day. I thought I share it, maybe someone is interested. :wink:

Please Note: This topic has not very much to do with PMDG any more, so if any admin maybe would be so kind and move it to the right place if needed.

Best regards,

John

Sweet video John.

Good luck with the rest of your training and tests in September and November (weather permitting!)