Sign in to follow this  
Murawski

What do all the controls in an airplane cockpit do?

I thought they all helped fly the plane?

So, how many of you know where the memory device is in the 737 NG cockpit, and what purpose does it serve? HINT: It has three little knobs on it. Amazingly, it actually functions in the PMDG NGX simulation just as it does in the real world. Signed,John C. Thomas

John, which memory do you mean, FDR, CVR or FMC database? :)Ryan: Looks good enough to me as a general overview for a member of general flying public, even though I stopped at some things myself. It is fairly well written if you consider the target audience.

<Insert 5 minute explanation of basic systems of the aircraft by Captain here (e.g. throttles, landing gear lever)>Question from passenger: "Is that your hat?"Best regards,Robin.

John, which memory do you mean, FDR, CVR or FMC database? :)
The memory device in question has three rotary knobs on it and is fully functional in the PMDG NGX virtual cockpit. :)Signed,John C. Thomas

John, which memory do you mean, FDR, CVR or FMC database? :)Ryan: Looks good enough to me as a general overview for a member of general flying public, even though I stopped at some things myself. It is fairly well written if you consider the target audience.
If I understand correctly (is the only thing related to "memory" with 3 knobs and simulated only on NGX), is something related to our memory, it is a thing mounted on each control wheel, 3 knobs and digits... to use as a personal "memory device".

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Strict Standards: Declaration of group_forum_breadcrumb::sendOutput() should be compatible with that of output::sendOutput() in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/group_forum_breadcrumb_d29bf565a59f776807044fd19e49258a.php on line 107

The memory device in question has three rotary knobs on it and is fully functional in the PMDG NGX virtual cockpit. :)Signed,John C. Thomas
It's clearly the memory device on each yoke (with the 3 numbers which you can individually change from 0 to 9).When we have a flight number with 4 numbers however, I always set the last 3 numbers and just remember the first one, which is 6 in most of the cases.Example: Flight number: 6789. Memory device: 789.Still very useful :)Strict Standards: Declaration of group_forum_breadcrumb::sendOutput() should be compatible with that of output::sendOutput() in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/group_forum_breadcrumb_d29bf565a59f776807044fd19e49258a.php on line 107
It's clearly the memory device on each yoke (with the 3 numbers which you can individually change from 0 to 9).When we have a flight number with 4 numbers however, I always set the last 3 numbers and just remember the first one, which is 6 in most of the cases.Example: Flight number: 6789. Memory device: 789.Still very useful :)