Sign in to follow this  
JokersWild

Exterior Enhancement Pack for the -800

The file was uploaded early this morning, and will hopefully be available within a few hours. I'm an insomniac in the process of crashing hard, so I may not be awake to post a link, but I really wanted you all to have them before the weekend. So check the library from time to time. Like with the other set, I'm open to courteous and constructive feedback, so let me know about any problems that I can address in a future update. I'd like to work with everyone to make them the best they can be. If possible, try to keep issues with the -700 set over in that thread so I don't get things too mixed up.Here are a few screens of a few liveries that I tested them on. The spec files can be a too "hot" for very clean white planes during bright daylight, but look ok on darker paints. So I may include a set for light and dark planes as an option in the future. I'm very pleased with the bump mapping so far. I hope you will be too. Additional shots can be seen in the Southwest 8301J topic. They show up rather well on the Southwest paint. Have a great weekend, everyone!fsx2012-03-2306-27-43-43.jpgfsx2012-03-2306-29-32-42.jpgfsx2012-03-2306-32-40-11.jpgfsx2012-03-2306-40-40-38.jpgfsx2012-03-2306-47-22-49.jpgfsx2012-03-1921-05-25-30-1.jpg

Chris Hicks

Looks great Chris!Will you deliver two sets for 700 as well? I might hold my Smartwings until that is available.Aand, with the risk of being beaten to the ground - maybe you could try to make the window plugs appear to be a bit "sunk" into the fuselage? If it is at all possible from your position.IMG_2723.jpg

Will you deliver two sets for 700 as well? I might hold my Smartwings until that is available.Aand, with the risk of being beaten to the ground - maybe you could try to make the window plugs appear to be a bit "sunk" into the fuselage? If it is at all possible from your position.
Absolutely, on the specs for the 700. I think the pros may actually lower the exposure on their diffuse textures to compensate, but since I'm wanting them to work on pre-existing repaints, I'll make a tweaked set. And as far as the plugs go, I don't think that would be too much work. I kept looking at sunrise/sunset pics of the 737s with a lot of reflection down the fuse, sometimes they look as smooth as glass, and other times, the windows appear sunk a bit. I wasn't quite sure what the correct way would be, so I just went with the frame.

Chris Hicks

Yep, the plugs are tricky. If the viewing angle is just a bit lower, they appear in line with fuselage... however, as you can see here, and that is also what I remember from my summers when I spent quite some time on airstairs next to L1 doors of various narrowbodies, they are indeed sunk a tiny bit, couple milimeters, into the fuselage. Same as windows are, actually.

I really appreciate that. It's been way too long since I've had any up close contact. I'm back to viewing things from the other side of the fence like when I was a kid. lol

Chris Hicks

Well, me too, Chris, and to be honest, it drives me way mad when I stop by the airport. I still know everybody who moves about on "the other side of the fence". But we are getting offtopic here.

Christopher! Christopher! Well done again indeed!I've been waiting on these......just d/l the file at this moment as I write this........can't wait to road test (sorry, I mean Flight Test) these upgrades! Hooyah!PS: Any chance when you have spare time (hmm, as if that's going to happen for you now since you're in high demand) to give me a dirty dusty paint spec on a Virgin Australia 738 WL? No pressure of course?!Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Good morning once again...or afternoon, I'm not sure! Glad you guys are enjoying them.Henry, I'm afraid I've been negligent with the air stair seam. I'll be sure to include one especially for models with air stars as an additional option in the next revision. Very sorry.XCLTM3, next revision will have both a clean set and a tarnished set to match a lot of the existing liveries. I'm afraid I made them pretty clean except for just a bit on the wings.Ró, Thanks for posting the link!

Chris Hicks