Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

a realy great video on how to takeoff with the NG

Nice vid, thanks for posting.I was particulary interested to see the PNF keeping hold of the throttle till Rotation, and then to see how long the PF seemed to control the throttle and fly the dep manually. Good to see.

Paul Skol

Nice vid, thanks for posting.I was particulary interested to see the PNF keeping hold of the throttle till Rotation, and then to see how long the PF seemed to control the throttle and fly the dep manually. Good to see.
Hey, glad you liked it, every take off is different, actually when we took off from munich, the captain stayed manually till 10000ft, so it always different, thanks!

Thanks Daniel. I'm about to go to bed. Maybe it'll replay in my dreams :)Bert Van Bulck

Thanks Daniel. I'm about to go to bed. Maybe it'll replay in my dreams :)Bert Van Bulck
your'e very welcome mate, yea i love dreaming about flying(:

Its not necessarily the PNF that guards the thrust levers. Most SOPs will have the CAPT guard the throttles (every take off) due to the fact the capt is the one who initiates a rejected take offJackColwill

Great video. I was particularly impressed that I seemed very comfortable with what they were doing, what buttons were being pressed, what checks were carried out, etc. So kudos to PMDG for creating such a high-fidelity simulation and Brian from FS2Crew for the software that helped me learn the checklists, of course!If I'm not mistaken, the PNF holds the throttle to avoid accidental retardation that may occur due to the vibration of the airframe, or, due to being knocked by the PF or PNF, or to initiate the RTO as mentioned just before me. We had similar SOPs on multicrew aircraft I flew.

Great video. I was particularly impressed that I seemed very comfortable with what they were doing, what buttons were being pressed, what checks were carried out, etc. So kudos to PMDG for creating such a high-fidelity simulation and Brian from FS2Crew for the software that helped me learn the checklists, of course!If I'm not mistaken, the PNF holds the throttle to avoid accidental retardation that may occur due to the vibration of the airframe, or, due to being knocked by the PF or PNF, or to initiate the RTO as mentioned just before me. We had similar SOPs on multicrew aircraft I flew.
your'e right mate, they really are pro's(:

They were just showing off for the camera. Usually it's VNAV LNAV engage auto pilot, then reading newspapers til TOD :)

They were just showing off for the camera. Usually it's VNAV LNAV engage auto pilot, then reading newspapers til TOD :)
LOL... you wish.