Sign in to follow this  
Nom@d

Hugs after sp1c

Hi all,I have noticed a small issue with my NGX after installing sp1c. I installed the updates over the top of my 800/900 and 600/700 which all installed without a hitch.The issue we are seeing is the hugs projection has moved - ie its not centred on the display the output is now projected onto the bottom left corner of the dispay (cutting off the corner of the display) i will get a screenshot up tonight as its a little difficult to explain. :( Now we had 5-6 Ngx's on formation last night and the issue was reported from a couple of our pilots and the problem is accross all models.Is this a known problem or can i recentre the display- everything else is working like a dream so i'm a little reluctant to reinstall over this. if reinstallation is the only option so be it, i just thought i would check here for a fix first.Anyone else seeing this issue? as it seems to be a mojority of our VA Ngx pilots are seeing this after the sp1c update.Kind RegradsChris stanley

Maybe it's the drunken pilot effect, try switching to an airport far north and see if it helps

Are you certain that you have not moved the viewpoint? I have no issues.

No i have changed nothing - installed the update and the veiw was off centreout of intrest how do i move the veiwport ? can the display be adjusted ? as being able to move the projection would solve this issue.Chris

Ok as its obviously not a known issue i will post a screenshot as soon as i 'm home from work in a couple of hours. thanks for the quick replies :)Chris

i cannot see your image as our filtering system at work has blocked it- but this image is close to the issue i am seeinghttps://skydrive.liv...!348&parid=rootI will update this post with one of the shots i took last night but this one is the closest i can access from work :sChris

Actually I am getting this to. At first I thought it was the ezdok camera, but I havent changed the default cockpit view. And then I see this thread.....

Actually I am getting this to. At first I thought it was the ezdok camera, but I havent changed the default cockpit view. And then I see this thread.....
Go to airport ENGM and bring down the combiner, see how the hud is perfectly lined upthen go to airport WMKK and start at runway 32, now the hud not alinged, like the picture i posted above.I'm guessing that you are expericing the head boobing effect, it hasn't got anything to do with the ngx it's hardcoded into FSX, maybe you just havn't noticed it before.

I believe ez camera changes the default view position. Try their defined HGS view.

Hmmm ok i will try that later - although my company route last night was EGBB---> LOWI and the alignment was off while sat at the gate - i have never seen this "head Bobbing" you speak of though , the exact same aircraft on the same route pre sp1c is in the screenshot belowhttps://skydrive.liv...0D5F42D30%21340and then the issue i see after sp1chttps://skydrive.liv...0D5F42D30%21349Edit* i have no camera software installed and that is the default VC view on both shots .....regardsChris

I just flew the 737-700 no winglets, and the HUGS was fine. What variant are you guys flying? Also what version does your aircraft.cfg file say? Mine says 3219

I have the issue in the 600 no winglets and the 800 winglets version - i have not tried any others. I think i may reinstall again as it seems to be a localised issue with my install. :(. i will check my version number when i get homeThanks guys for your efforts /suggestions but it might be easier just to start over. with Tabs confirming that no changes were made to the HGS in the SP i think something just borked in the patching process, time to dig out those backups again /sigh :sad:regardschris*Edit* i have just updated the thread i started on our VA forum regarding this issue and there are 4 other pilots reporting the exact same issue on the NGX over there - one is an Ezdoc user three are using default view i have asked for screenshots which i will post here when they go up.Chris

Well the HUD colimation seems relatively normal to me, notice that the horizon line is indeed where it should be. Try reseting your view by Ctrl+Spacebar