Sign in to follow this  

GA with two VORs wanted

I've been having a lot of fun learning all about VOR in MS Flight. I wanted to give my new found knowledge a try in FSX because the area in MS Flight is a bit limited. The only planes I like in FSX are the Bay Tower RV& and the Katana 4x. However, both only have one VOR gauge and no DME. I was hoping MS Flight would get a nice new plane for download but after seeing the new VC-less WO II plane I decided to come back here to ask what high quality GA does have everything you need for flying solely using VOR. Two old fashioned VOR gauges will do, I don't necessarly need HSI/RMI.

The RealAir Beech Dukes. They also have DME, which you will need for VOR/DME approaches.Best,Ken

Jeroen! And I was thinking you're an experienced FS pilot who wouldn't have any problem finding those planes :( Well, ofcourse you know you can find high quality GA aircraft over at Carenado. Most of them have a dual VOR setup. What about the Commander, Saratoga or the Arrow IV? If you want more engines you can try their Baron, Seneca or the Cessna 340. The above mentioned Realair Duke is a great choice as well.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Jeroen! And I was thinking you're an experienced FS pilot who wouldn't have any problem finding those planes :(
Yes, and I show my experience by asking it here which is the best place to find the plane I want... :wink:It won't be the Duke because I have NOT bought that plane for years (don't like the view outside the window, simple as that) and Carenado... Well... I have a few Carenado's already and sort of promised myself to not buy a Carenado plane anymore... but I will see if one of those has a two VOR setup.I notice I have become a bit picky (if that's the right word) when it comes to addons... :(

Hi there,Lionheart Creations makes some wonderful GA aircraft with steam, and several have two VORs. Take a peek at the following:Bellanca Super-Viking interior shots: http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Viking_Interiors.htmlProduct pages: http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Viking.html ; http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Bellanca.htmlLionheart page: http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Lionheart_FlightSimulations.htmlI enjoy flying the Super-Viking very much- it is very 'responsive' and will not allow you to dose off while flying lol.Cheers, Rusty

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

Yup, another vote for the Lionheart Bellanca Viking from me too. It is my favourite FS GA aircraft by a long way, excellent for IMC conditions, since it is fast and has a high ceiling with an oxygen system simulated. Even though I have Carenado Cessnas, all those fancy Katanas, Flight 1's glass cockpit Cessna etc, etc, the Bellanca always ends up getting wheeled out of the virtual hangar. It's a pretty looking thing too.Although having said that, there is of course nothing stopping you from adding gauges to the cockpits yourself. All it requires is a quick text edit of the panel file and Bob's yer uncle.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Carenado's C182Q is one of my all-time favorites. Like the real Skylane it is relatively fast for a piston single, will go pretty much anywhere, and flys like a Cessna. It's slightly dated compared to Carenado's newer offerings, but it's a good value at about $20 and is an excellent platform to practice VOR technique.