Sign in to follow this  
janpitor

NGX, AS2012, FS2CREW, Prepar 3D

That is simply not correct. Read the stickies again.That is very clear and unambiguous.
Are you capabale of reading yourself Paul? You quoted precisely the grey zone. Rob mentioned that for products, developed for P3D, but the NGX is made for FSX. Nothing said about if it will work with P3D or not. But as said above, at your own risk of course.

From the 4th Feb 12 post by Robert Randazzo:PMDG Development for Prepar3d:===========================Thanks to some spry folks here in the forum, we have been in dicsussion with Lockheed Martin, Corp. regarding the current state of, and future development plans for the Prepar3d platform. As I stated in a previous post on this topic, we are currently evaluating which "commercially available" platform we are going to be using for our Commercial Solutions Division.I have seen quite a bit of discussion in this forum and others about whether or not Prepar3d is the replacement platform for FSX, etc etc etc. After my discussion with John Nicol at Lockheed Martin, I feel that I have a very clear picture of what LMCorp has planned for Prepar3d, and equally importantly, *what they do NOT have planned.*From PMDG's perspective, Prepar3d is not going to be a platform into which we push our retail product line. There will never be a consumer version of P3D, and as such it is not reasonable or feasible for us to expect the major market to exist on P3D beyond a small set of folks who don't mind the niche nature and the price tag.Now- that being said- there are some very serious licensing questions that come up when folks start talking about using our existing retail product line within Prepar3d. These are issues that we are going to be working with Lockheed Martin and the Prepar3d platform to resolve- as there is a significant amount of unwanted legal liability placed on our shoulders if an airline or airline employed pilot decides to place one of our retail products into that platform and use it for any purpose. Our legal counsel has weighed in on this topic already- and I anticipate that we are going to be updating our EULA to prohibit the use of our products within the Prepar3d platform- but I also am willing to bet that in the long term we will wind up altering their function so that you can only use a product in Prepar3d if it has been specifically licensed for use in Prepar3d and in a commercial environment.I realize this will disappoint some folks- but the hard reality is that we live in a world where lawyers look for any scapegoat they can find when an airplane has an incident. FSX and our retail products are very clear about the limits of their use- and the fact that Lockheed Martin has made retail products compatible with Prepar3d through the implementation of the FSX version of simconnect means that PMDG has to clearly demonstrate that we will not allow our retail products to be used in a non retail environment... I wish it were otherwise- but since we are talking about real-world liability here- we must act very clearly.(Please- lets not get into a Forum Lawyer debate about EULA's and Liability Mitigation. The only opinions that matter on this topic are the opinions coming from the law firms (yes- plural) that PMDG pays to provide us with guidance on these topics. Thank you for your understanding.)

And just remembering that the Academic License of Prepar3d isn't for any of us, unless you're an Undergraduate student making a project for your science class.We should instead purchase the Professional $199,00 license.
Have fun with it :lol:Wikipedia:
In its widest use, student is used for anyone who is learning.
I'm learning flying planes with a simulator, I'm student therefore!I really can't understand why in every P3D thread someones coming up and talks about the EULA: if you want spend 200$ do it. If Lockheed wants to have only students for their students version, they have to make any security and controls like Adobe does - shouldn't be too difficult for such a big company.Right now there isn't even a checkbox "click here to confirm that you are a student" ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also notice stuttering with AS2012
true, when you move the mouse, after you installed a theme for a flightplan, the mouse stutter, right?

I don't want to go to the Prepar3d forum to ask for support for my Academic version and have them tell me that since I'm not a 12 year old student I'm not supposed to own the license for 49 dollars, as I have seen happen already at their forum

Alexis Mefano

@ Stephen: This is related to the use of P3D as a comercial platform, e.g. for flight training in an aviation school. AND, who will get to know if you're using the NGX for example in P3D at home on your PC?!

I have seen happen already at their forum
I haven't seen this. Do you have a link?And how should this work? LH is asking you before support: "are you a student?" - and you say yes... and then???

Guenter Steiner

One more question, does P3D have the FPS mouse issue? By the way, I don´t mind if they change the EULA, I will simply run the highest version which will be not restricted.

I'm not going to be able to track down that post again, as I don't remember in which section of the forum it was.I think it's better to get the Developer License than the Academic, everyone can develop something, it never says it has to be published to other users.

Alexis Mefano

The sooner the 'one strike and you are out for good' rule is implemented for discussions regarding P3D's EULA the better

The sooner the 'one strike and you are out for good' rule is implemented for discussions regarding P3D's EULA the better
jep

Guenter Steiner

Hear, hear. Graham..I have the academic license. I am in flight school. I have a 10-year old son and 13-year old daughter. My son is already using P3D (after geting bored with Flight LOL). I have listed all of this in my bio on their forum, and am already receiving great support from John and the team at P3D. They seem to be very relaxed about the definition of student/learning.ORBX with SBSL works a treat. All my FSDT stuff works a treat. My RealAir Beech T works but Reality XP doesn't (but will soon; check their forums)And go over to the AVSIM P3D forum and check it out..It's all (mostly) good, even if sometimes a little head-scratching is required :Djake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

@ Stephen: This is related to the use of P3D as a comercial platform, e.g. for flight training in an aviation school. AND, who will get to know if you're using the NGX for example in P3D at home on your PC?!
Daniel,Check the 'README' file in your NGX folder.