Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Any advantage if overclocking my GTX560Ti ?

OK Word Not Allowed, I tried a few things based on your suggestions.

1) The default 737 wing view at Seattle looking at buildings, no clouds. I found no pauses with 8SQ or 8S+2SGSS, some with 4SGSS.

2) Downloaded and tried your 5 layer cloud test. Crazy hard on the system but found 8S+2SGSS was best. Frames locked at 30 in all of the above with Nvidia Inspector.

Graphics look great, only very minor shimmering of some yellow taxi lines. Also tried the NGX flying out of Vancouver and it looked excellent and flew smoothly so I will keep these settings. Thanks for the help.

Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Graphics look great, only very minor shimmering of some yellow taxi lines. Also tried the NGX flying out of Vancouver and it looked excellent and flew smoothly so I will keep these settings. Thanks for the help.

No problem Mark. I found out that if you go being anal about those taxi lines at airports and some minor shimmering in cockpits, you'll find yourself in a very low performing system, due to insanely high levels of antialiasing. These are, for me, the best quality vs performance ratio.

I would very much like to know how many FPS you get with 8xS + 2xSGSS which you are using now in my cloudtest. Be sure to measure in external, just press S once. Don't turn. And make sure there is no weather changing the situation (no internal weather, nor external). And use FRAPS. Thx.

Glad I could help.

Same here if I oc the 6750 945/900 (memory can be clocked to 1025 but above 900 mem "Display driver stopped responding " :) ) don't notice any difference in fps.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I would very much like to know how many FPS you get with 8xS + 2xSGSS which you are using now in my cloudtest. Be sure to measure in external, just press S once. Don't turn. And make sure there is no weather changing the situation (no internal weather, nor external). And use FRAPS. Thx.

Loaded up your cloudtest, pressed S and using fraps for 1 minute got average frame rate of 18. It jumped around very slightly at the beginning for 10 seconds then settled at 18. Hope this helps.

Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thanks. This helps me confirm something I've been suspecting for the long time. There are always recommendations to buy a 560ti, because it performs similarly to the GTX580 in FSXMark11, but the fact is, and here is a proof, that GTX580 is way way faster than the 560ti when it comes to the IQ, something I've been saying for quite a while. And here no less than 33% faster.

Not to say 560ti is a bad card, moreover it's awesome for what it costs.

In the same situation with the same settings I'm pulling 27fps.

Truth is 8xS + 2xSGSS doesn't look that much better than 8xSQ + 4xSS.

Very interesting Word Not Allowed, and everyone thinks the video card is not that important in FSX.

Yep, quite wrong.

Truth is 8xS + 2xSGSS doesn't look that much better than 8xSQ + 4xSS.

You think? I'll test later my config at LFMN, since this has extremely jagged airport lines, will compare these two.

In my personal experience, what really makes a difference in IQ is 4xSGSS. 2x is ok, but not that much better.

Maybe I didn't look close enough where you did Word Not Allowed, I mainly focused in AG shimmer in my tests

Maybe I didn't look close enough where you did Word Not Allowed, I mainly focused in AG shimmer in my tests

I looked mainly on the aircraft lines, cockpits and taxilines. Maybe that's where the difference is. I could see no substantial shimmering of autogen in my tests with 2xSGSS.

Given, I can't oppose the fact that 4xSGSS looks way better than 2xSGSS does, though the performance drop, especially in cloudy situations, is abysmal.

Word Not Allowed,

I re-ran the test today but first I removed all AI traffic, aircraft and ships. Same result at 18. Interesting that if I increase the autogen from dense to extremely dense it goes up by 2 frames to 20.....not sure why on that one. Despite the framerate, it looks very nice and is flying smooth.

Mark W   CYYZ      

Mark, weird thing, yes :) FSX moves in mysterious ways Just%20Kidding.gif

The test is only a generic test for testing. It's not ment to imitate any real FSX situation. But you must consider what happens when you flying into a heavy airport with a heavy clouds and thunderstorm. It's apparent that it's the situation where GTX580 is going to shine.

With your computer, I wouldn't bother with Bojote's tweaks.

Why not try a simple clean fsx.cfg? And no mods... I believe all this modding is throwing your FSX completely out of balance.

Try simplicity and from the start.

For your info, I use:

no SM3 mod

BP=0

AM=14

FFTF=0.1

HIGHMEMFIX=1

LOD 6.5

TML 4096.

locked in FSX 35fps, no external locker

My clouds are 1024, 4096 is too much for the system. I use 4096 because of NGX.

Don't forget to delete the shaders when you are changing shader2/shader3.

It's not about taxiing the system, it's about the type of the test.

Hi Word Not Allowed.

What settings do have on "TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT="?

Hi Word Not Allowed.

What settings do have on "TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT="?

Default, I think 40. I tried things like 80-100, but saw no difference.