Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Any advantage if overclocking my GTX560Ti ?

Default, I think 40. I tried things like 80-100, but saw no difference.

I used 170 for a while but it caused stuttering for me. I then did the same and reverted to 40.

8xS + 2xSGSS.

Same settings with me!

I wonder how many GTX580 users actually run high AA levels. Combine those who don't even know about Inspector and those who just follow the guides (8xS or 8xSQ) and I'm pretty sure the vast majority is running IQ levels a $200 card can cope with with grunt to spare

Probably right... But, I think that the framrate hit would be much larger when using SGSS on a 560ti rather than a 580.

Speaking about of nVidia video cards, could anyone explain main differences between GTX560Ti, GTX570 and GTX580? Except of bus width, which lead to more bandwidth... For example, I saw that GPU and memory clock are not a factor, so what else?

Thanks. Bye.

8xS + 2xSGSS.

Hey Word Not Allowed, tried the setting. Improved FPS but lots of shimmering now vs supercvaa 64x4x12

You guys are using 8xS (1x2 SS + 4x MS) with transparency supersampling set to 2s and transparency multisampling disabled correct?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Supervcaa 64x4x12 is a very hard transparencey filter on performance. What is your hardware configuration?

For me a 8xS + 2x SGSS setting give a clean image quality, using 4x SGSS is also better but the impact on fps is higher, almost no shimmering, no need to run supervcaa 64x4x12.

AH, I wasn't using sparse grid SS, just SS. I will try and report back again :)

Common error :)

edit: GTX570 has a wider memory bus (320bit) so more bandwidth, but in general a worse GPU/Memory clock than my Gigabyte GTX560 Ti OC. In which features it is a better card compared with a GTX560 Ti OC?

And add another comment. A GTX580 has probably even a worse core clock than a GTX570, but more bandwidth. Is it only this the real difference in terms of performance?

So, to bring this thread up again I just added a 2nd 580 to my system (having a blast with it I might add, too!). hey are running at their default speed of 797MHz> So if I OC them to say 900Mhz. I may pick up a few more frames? I'll take 2-3 more any day off the week.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Clutch,

When I OC my 580 in FSX, I usually have same or even very often less frames. It was actually bad to OC in FSX. But in P3D, performance goes up with the OC. I would guess they did something in the GPU area...

Even in FSXMark11 I used to have less avg fps with overclocked GPU. Call it crazy.