Sign in to follow this  
marwan95

My future computer specs (is it enough for NGX?)

I just would like to be sure wether I will be able to take this beautiful NGX iron bird into the sky smoothly (or I won't)Processor: Intel Core i5-2500k, Sandy Bridge, 3,1GHz, 4 cores, 6MB cache,3.4GHz turbo frequencyMotherboard:  ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3 rev 3.0: new B3 revision Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz dual channel Winchester: 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP 64MB cache SATA-3/6G Video card/VGA card: nVidia GeForce GTX 560 1GB DDR5 So is it able to run the NGX smoothly.I even would like to use Mega Airports, and fly with IVAO.Unfortunately IVAO helps the computer to lag...:( I don't know why...Thank you very much for your answers in adance too!

Don't buy a computer right now. At the end of April new Intel processors (Ivy Bridge) will come out, and the old ones will drop their price.Also new 22nm graphic cards are on their way too. Just wait, buying now is a bad idea.

That PC will make FSX run smoothly. Mine's just a tad better and i can fly online within any airspace/airport with any aircraft and get a smooth ride. I mean smooth, and i use a 27" 2560x1440 monitor.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Thank you very very much for your answers guys!:)And I would like to use it with 22" FULL HD monitor, do you think it's not a problem?(but perhaps I won't buy it now, thx for the advice!)

The 22" monitor shouldn't be a problem, no. I didn't realise you were going to buy it, i thought you just wanted an opinion about it :)In that case, i'd do what Mateusz suggested, purchase one of the newer models which have less power draw for more power delivered :)

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

My advice would be to get the computer and not worry too much about new components that will come out "next month". There is always better stuff "next month", but by then, you have enjoyed the rest of your hardware for a month less that you would otherwise.Of course, if say, a new graphics card that would increase your performance by 10% was coming out next week, then you might want to consider that. But they key is... by waiting, it's costing you more in terms of how much time you get to spend with it!

My advice would be to get the computer and not worry too much about new components that will come out "next month". There is always better stuff "next month", but by then, you have enjoyed the rest of your hardware for a month less that you would otherwise.Of course, if say, a new graphics card that would increase your performance by 10% was coming out next week, then you might want to consider that. But they key is... by waiting, it's costing you more in terms of how much time you get to spend with it!
Yes, yes you're right! Thanks
The 22" monitor shouldn't be a problem, no. I didn't realise you were going to buy it, i thought you just wanted an opinion about it :)In that case, i'd do what Mateusz suggested, purchase one of the newer models which have less power draw for more power delivered :)
Yes, I might wait...But if I use a 22" Full HD monitor with the mentioned video card, are you sure about the performance will be exactly the same as I would use let's say 17" (simply just: HD) Monitor?Thank you,Marwan

If both monitors are at the same resolution, size doesn't matter. Your pc only cares about the number of pixels, not how big each pixel is.

My advice would be to get the computer and not worry too much about new components that will come out "next month". There is always better stuff "next month", but by then, you have enjoyed the rest of your hardware for a month less that you would otherwise.
That's not really true - Intel in general releases new CPU architectures once every 2 years or so. This is a major upgrade coming in April or June, not just an incremental thing. This isn't like i5 2500K to 2550K or something, this is a whole new chip design and the first to use their 3D transistor technology on the die.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

If both monitors are at the same resolution, size doesn't matter. Your pc only cares about the number of pixels, not how big each pixel is.
All right, thank you!:)

That's not really true - Intel in general releases new CPU architectures once every 2 years or so. This is a major upgrade coming in April or June, not just an incremental thing. This isn't like i5 2500K to 2550K or something, this is a whole new chip design and the first to use their 3D transistor technology on the die.
And I have no doubt Ryan that the price will reflect that. Another good reason to buy the outgoing stuff!Money%20Eyes.gifIain Smith

This isn't like i5 2500K to 2550K or something, this is a whole new chip design and the first to use their 3D transistor technology on the die.
Not being that technically knowledgeable when it comes to the finer points, can Ryan or somebody educate me on what this means and its affect (if any) on an app like FSX?Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg