Sign in to follow this  
jcboliveira

Maule challenges depend on Hawaii DLC?

After several successful night missions, flying over the water with lights off, I've started flying them during the day. Lights on as per normal operating procedures, strobe light off (role playing, mostly, as I doubt they would notice the strobe light during the day anyway). After several successful day missions, I'm about to go looking for the interceptors, as I've only seen one for less than a second, one time only. For those who have been flying below 1000 feet AGL (your copilot gets all excited if you get above this altitude), but have still gotten caught, how about giving us some hints on how to get caught? So far I haven't been able to manage it. Then, after we figure out how to get caught, maybe people can figure out how not to.Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

If you do the jobs, you can set your own flight conditions. This means that you do not have to fly at night.
No, Clandestine cargo missions are only available at night. You cannot change the weather once you have started a job, and the clandestine cargo missions will not appear on the job board during the day, so there is no way you could do this.

Clandestine cargo missions are only available at night.<snip>and the clandestine cargo missions will not appear on the job board during the day
You are wrong.Clandestine missions may be available at any time of day DAWN-DAY-DUSK-NIGHT (You just have to find them)f523c0614802023d8e712ee2b8d3183673d9a5332e7941834fe53aaba27879406g.jpg

<sigh> Ok... once you've found a clandestine cargo mission, you can't go back to the map to change the weather or time of day because it resets the job board. Set your conditions first, THEN go looking for a clandestine cargo job.

Turn all your lights on and fly as high as possible.
That's why I specified flying under 1000 feet AGL in the question.Hook

Larry Hookins

<sigh> Ok... once you've found a clandestine cargo mission, you can't go back to the map to change the weather or time of day because it resets the job board. Set your conditions first, THEN go looking for a clandestine cargo job.That's why I specified flying under 1000 feet AGL in the question.Hook
Hmm... Fly as slow as possible, then turn back towards starting point.

Hmm... Fly as slow as possible, then turn back towards starting point.
I typically fly at 100 knots, never above 130. So here's the deal: If this mission had real people looking for you, how would you avoid them? First of all, the only information avaiable to either the pilot or the interceptors is the start and destination airports. If you were a human, how would you set up a search for the pilot? If you were a computer program, with very limited possibilities, how would you set up the search? For the pilot, knowing how the search has to work, how would you avoid the interceptors?It's probably harder to get caught than it is to never see the interceptors.Of course, this doesn't mean I'm not gonna roleplay the hell out of it. :DIf you've ever played Silent Hunter 3, or any other submarine game where you'll eventually have destroyers looking for you and you have to evade them, you've already got a major step up on evading the interceptors. In Silent Hunter 2, you even had the option of having humans in those destroyers searching for you. Now THAT was fun. :)Hook

Larry Hookins

For those who have been flying below 1000 feet AGL (your copilot gets all excited if you get above this altitude), but have still gotten caught, how about giving us some hints on how to get caught? So far I haven't been able to manage it. Then, after we figure out how to get caught, maybe people can figure out how not to.
I have found that the encounter with the interceptor is fairly random, having encountered it only a couple times so far. However once they are on you, they seem to be on you no matter what you do, and you have to continue to do very quick direction changes to get some distance on them. Whether you can completely lose them or not, I don't know. I have evaded being busted for a long time, but I inevitably get caught no matter what.What happens more often is that you will see another aircraft, one not labeled "police". As soon as you fly away from them they disappear. I have never had one of these come more than 3nm from me. When the aircraft is labeled police, they always pop about 1.3nm away and closing. I have not found a way to lose them, but quick course changes will throw them off for a few seconds, long enough to gain distance.

That sound like they're totally randomly generated rather than out flying a pattern searching for you. If that's the case, what are the parameters used to decide to spawn an interceptor?It sounds like there might be a way to lose one after he's seen you.Hook

Larry Hookins

Ughh! this sucks! I just made this mistake... bought the maule, but I don't have the hawaii dlc. How did I miss this post? I'm an idiot.

Also displeased with the a la carte shenanigans of Flight. My feeling is that companies should focus on making a product the customers want, and not spend energy on silly ball and cup games with pricing.

The prominent "no refunds" warning on the maule's purchase screen should have triggered more of a medichlorian reaction in me. :Phbbbt:

You do know you can still have fun with the Maule, right? Plus, you have to listen. Microsoft is TRYING to attract new customers with this product. And yes it did. Your statement about saying that they should make a product that customers want is true, and yes they did make a product that customers wanted.

If you're talking about a product for Flight Simmers, you might as well count how many people would rather play a highly detailed sim/arcade game than flying around the world that has low detail.

The actual reason why they took off "SIMULATOR" from the title was because they wanted to attract a wider audience. If they added "simulator" in there, it would make the average gamer think that it's a another good ole Flight Simulator from Microsoft. They would not even bother trying it, even with a free demo.

vonBobo, if you're here to complain that Microsoft did a horrible job in making a product that customers want, maybe you should check the numbers and stats that people have linked to all over this forum. If not, we hope that you have fun with the game!

And don't forget, if you had Steam, you could have purchased the Maule, P51, and Hawaiian Adventure Pack for $29.99 USD. Too late now, I think.

whatever man. It's a marketing shell game, and it worked. It's not a very endearing quality in a product.

I'm not really interested in excuses, i blame myself. No need for anyone to defend MS. I know you love it, and I'm ok with that.. really.

I don't actually love it, I just support it, like many others that are all over this forum. Take a look at screenies and you'll see why.

Look at this:

2012420175840188.jpg

Edited by OMGBBQ32

supporting it doesnt mean you have to make excuses for everything that sucks about it. Just let me vent- like the shady way ms makes you buy credits instead of just paying for things straight up. theres no excuse for this system, other than straight up slime ball sales tactics.

sorry to throw this in your face, it's not specific to you. Im tired of all of the polarized excuse makers on both sides, it's ruining these discussions.

how about I agree that you have a beauty of a screen shot there, if you agree MS is engaging in "creative" ways to fleece our money? :-) Its not so difficult to get along after all!

Check the job boards at various airports. Are you saying you can fly the Maule, but NO jobs appear on any of the main island job boards for that plane? What is your level? Some jobs aren't available until a certain level, and I don't know if they appear if you're below that level. I think clandestine cargo requires 11, with the lowest jobs requiring 3 or 5.

If you bought the Maule but have no jobs at all, that sucks, no two ways about it.

Also, if you've been flying over just the main island in just the two planes, I don't blame you for having problems liking Flight. :)

At least the Maule has some nice flying characteristics. Hardly worth it if you don't have any jobs though.

Hook

The landing challenges are locked to the other Hawaiian islands, but you can still do cargo and charter jobs with it on the Big Island. It's actually quite enjoyable and what I did for the week or so after I got the Maule before I was able to get the points together for the rest of Hawaii. I didn't see any clandestine cargo missions during that time, but admittedly I wasn't looking. They do pop up in the Jobs Board, not the missions list, so it seems possible that you can get them without the expansion.

According to this, you can do any of the jobs, but there won't be any landing challenges. Again, you need to be level 11 to get clandestine cargo jobs, and most of the ones I've ever had on the main island were to other points on the big island.

Hook

Larry Hookins