Sign in to follow this  
Kebas53

How to...as real as it gets, NGX/AS2012/FLTPlan/RC4

Hi everyone,I'm a little confused about the flow to follow to realize the flights as real as it gets.The following addons I use:- NGX- RC4.3- FS Commander 9- AS2012- FS2Crew NGX- TopCat- FSPassengersXWhat I like is to fly as real as it gets including SIDS and STARS.The biggest problem I have is with the flightplanning with these.RC needs the SIDS and STARS in the flightplan itself, but the destination runway is depending on weather conditions, so you can't include the STAR on beforehand.The best I could find is this:1. Start AS2012 and create a flightplan with the departure and destination airport2. Start FSX and set location on departure airport.3. Get ATIS information to retrieve departure runway4. Go back to flightplanner and include runway and SID5. Save flightplan and import it in AS2012 again6. Start RC4 and load flightplan with SID in it.But still I'm missing the STAR.Anyone can help me with suggestions?Thanks in advance, any help appreciated!Jacob,The Netherlands.

Ye never got that right too. Same goes for landing runway. I always have to fill it in when the ATC gives me expect ILS for rwy xx, especially when it says the dest. airport doesn't have ATIS (or it just says rwy in use 1,2,3,4,5,6 and i still don't know)

I suggest NGX, AS2012, FSBuild, FS2crew, Topcat and shade ! and fly online....

Not until vatsim releases their own, new client

Hello Jacob,

The following sequence is the one I found the most convenient and keeps me away from frustrating surprises :

1. Create a flightplan including STAR using vroute and aivlasoft. I don't have sid included in the plan because sometimes sid waypoints create troubles with radar contact

2. Load the plan in as2012 and load weather textures. I use windlock feature of as2012 to avoid tailwind landings and conflicting ai traffic.

3. Start topcat, arrange the load balance

4. Calculate the fuel in vroute using the payload in topcat and altitude in the plan.

5. Start radar contact, load the plan, choose altitude restriction in parameters so that rc leave me alone while flying sid as i wish. But if i will fly a long sid which i will still not be heading to my first route waypoint after 80 miles from the runway another preperation is necesssary.

6. Start fsx and load ngx of the day

7. Connect radar contact and verify the active runway

8. Calculate take off data in topcat

9. If i want to fly star, i simply request a full ils or vor approach after the approach controller tells me to expect vectors then it leaves me alone until the final approach.

Hope you find this flow useful, the key points are not including sid in the plan and use windlock in as2012.

Best regards,

Suavi Akar

Hello Jacob,

The following sequence is the one I found the most convenient and keeps me away from frustrating surprises :

1. Create a flightplan including STAR using vroute and aivlasoft. I don't have sid included in the plan because sometimes sid waypoints create troubles with radar contact

2. Load the plan in as2012 and load weather textures. I use windlock feature of as2012 to avoid tailwind landings and conflicting ai traffic.

3. Start topcat, arrange the load balance

4. Calculate the fuel in vroute using the payload in topcat and altitude in the plan.

5. Start radar contact, load the plan, choose altitude restriction in parameters so that rc leave me alone while flying sid as i wish. But if i will fly a long sid which i will still not be heading to my first route waypoint after 80 miles from the runway another preperation is necesssary.

6. Start fsx and load ngx of the day

7. Connect radar contact and verify the active runway

8. Calculate take off data in topcat

9. If i want to fly star, i simply request a full ils or vor approach after the approach controller tells me to expect vectors then it leaves me alone until the final approach.

Hope you find this flow useful, the key points are not including sid in the plan and use windlock in as2012.

Best regards,

Suavi Akar

This seems to be I was looking for. I'll try this tomorrow!

Kindly regards,

Jacob.

Hi

Jacob,One tip that I was given many years ago,by a Radar Contact regular was that when you first get the weather for your flight plan,take a note of the current destination weather.You can at that point in time put into the FMC your best guess as to the Star and landing runway in use.

When the arrival ATIS is available you can then make adjustments.You do have the ability to fly both a full SID and STAR with Radar Contact.

Hello Bakaman,

Just looked at your video's. They are great! Thanks a lot.

Kindly regards,

Jacob.

What I like is to fly as real as it gets including SIDS and STARS.

The biggest problem I have is with the flightplanning with these.

RC needs the SIDS and STARS in the flightplan itself, but the destination runway is depending on weather conditions, so you can't include the STAR on beforehand.

The best I could find is this:

1. Start AS2012 and create a flightplan with the departure and destination airport

2. Start FSX and set location on departure airport.

3. Get ATIS information to retrieve departure runway

4. Go back to flightplanner and include runway and SID

5. Save flightplan and import it in AS2012 again

6. Start RC4 and load flightplan with SID in it.

But still I'm missing the STAR.

Here's what I do and I dont use the same exact products you have but it works out about the same and saves me some time figuring out which SID/STAR and approach/runway to expect.

1. Load AS2012 on my network computer

2. Load FSbuild on same networked computer

3. Go into AS2012 and retireve the departure and destination winds for the two airports in which I wil be flying so that I know which runways to expect

4. GO back into FSbuild and let it create the flight plan using the expected departure and arrival runways and let FSbuild select the appropriate SID and STAR for the flight when it generates the route.

5. Once the FSBuild route is completed and exported to a fake FSX directory on my networked computer I go into AS2012 and import the route into AS2012 and let it build the weather

6. Start FSX on my FSX rig and being the flight at the gate I want.

I usually uncheck the download updated weather in AS2012 so that I will have the exact weather where I am arriving and dont need to change STAR and approach on the fly, but its not that big of a deal and sometime let the weather update anyways, just depends on what I feel like doing at the moment.

Anyway, you could use the same type of approach to figure out what STAR and approach you will be using to make the flight planning easier and then incorporate it into your preflight planning.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I see many many people suddenly using AS2012 instead of REX? Or you guys just use AS2012 for weather engine? Why? Is it much better?

Thanks

I see many many people suddenly using AS2012 instead of REX? Or you guys just use AS2012 for weather engine? Why? Is it much better?

Thanks

AS2012 is a much more capable and complete weather simulation add-on, while REX looks better... I actually use AS2012 with just the default clouds... Many actually go all out and use the AS2012 weather engine, and the REX clouds and get the best of both worlds for twice the price :)

David Obando

Home Airport KSFO
System: Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2, Intel I9-13900KS Watercooled, Asus Maximus Z690 Extreme Motherboard, 32 Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600, ASUS RTX 4090 OC Edition, 4Tb NVME m.2 Array (2Tb x 2), Aorus FV43U 43" Display (144Mhz), Corsair Ax1600i powersupply, Marvel AQC107 10Gb Network adaptor, Comcast 1Gb Internet Service, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case 7x140mm, 4x120mm cooling fans.

AS2012 is a much more capable and complete weather simulation add-on, while REX looks better... I actually use AS2012 with just the default clouds... Many actually go all out and use the AS2012 weather engine, and the REX clouds and get the best of both worlds for twice the price :)

Default clouds? What about REX water?

Hi all,

This evening I made my first flight using your suggestions.

The combination of them helped me a lot to fulfill my wishes.

Many thanks to all of you for your replies!!!

Kindly regards,

Jacob.