Sign in to follow this  
roels21

Are you sure about that?

Hello,

SInce i have installed the SP1 for FS2crew i get some strange things. I removed the sp1c and reinstalled it. I did not remove fs2crew, but i reinstalled it with SP1.

Yesterday I started my flight at EHEH in the 737-700, 2d-panel loaded. I loaded the NGX panel as "short" and started FS2crew with the preflight checklist. During the preflight checklist, Window Heat, I said on and the FO said "are you sure about that". After that he continues on with the checklist. This also happened with the before start flow and before start checklist. I contacted the ground crew via cockpit to ground (response "go ahead"). I said start sequence is 2 then 1. FO response but does not do his flow correctly. After that i cannot contact ground crew for PB and the when i said start engine number 2, the FO said "we are not prepared for that", but everything is setup correctly. I start up by myself and do the pushback via shift-p.

After the PB and engine start the FO does not complete the before taxi flow! I do it by myself and call for the checklist and at Probe Heat he says again "are you sure".

I call for flaps 5 and FO does turn flaps 5! After that everything works fine until i reach the approach. At the landing checklist "landing gear down and flaps 40 green light" he says are you sure"

I also cannot connect the PA via the PA button on the pedestal. I have to use the main FS2crew panel.

What is going wrong or what did I do wrong?

Thanks for you help already! (sorry for my bad English).

Roel Schmitz

Hello Bryan,

Yes i set FSX up to load in 2D cockpit. I have an idea of what i maybe did wrong. Is it possible to use voice control even when button control is activated?

Ok thanks.

Do you have an other solution for my little problem?

Greets Roel

Hi Bryan,

I've set voice control as per manual and set the 2d vc on fsx.

When I start fsx its loads the 2d vc for 5 secs then switches to the 3d vc by itself, is this correct? Because I'm having trouble with the pushback, the pback crew will answer my call but will not start the pback.

Regards

Ok thanks.

Do you have an other solution for my little problem?

Greets Roel

All I can suggest is that you re-install SP1c again and re-install FS2Crew one more time.

From experience that tends to work.

Hi Bryan,

I've set voice control as per manual and set the 2d vc on fsx.

When I start fsx its loads the 2d vc for 5 secs then switches to the 3d vc by itself, is this correct? Because I'm having trouble with the pushback, the pback crew will answer my call but will not start the pback.

Regards

Sounds like you're setup right.

If the push crew are answering your calls and he actually says "roger, pushing back", then something is wrong with your FSX pushback.

Are you using any 3rd party programs that tamper with the pushback?

Try again, but at a different airport. And use a gate.

Make sure you can physically "see" with your own eyes the FSX pushback tug via spot view.

Ok Bryan, thanks for your help. I will try that out.

Roel

I reinstalled service pack 1c and fs2crew. Everithing is working fine now.

Thnx for help.

regards

why is it so important to load the aircraft i 2d i always use 3d?

why is it so important to load the aircraft i 2d i always use 3d?

It ensure the aircraft initializes and loads properly.

Some users have reported they have to do it, others have reported they're able to start in the VC, and they experience no programs.

Go figure...

However, to be safe, I just instruct all users to start in the 2D.

2d.JPG

After the 2D has loaded, just press the 'A' key to switch to the VC.

Also, it's good practice not to use the PMDG 737 NGX or any 3rd party aircraft as the default saved aircraft.

I recommend that the default Trike should be the default aircraft that you see in the FSX Main 'Create a Flight' view.

This is also a recommended PMDG procedure.

Since we're dealing with very complex software that goes way beyond what FSX was intended to do, it just helps ensure everything loads correctly.

I am having the EXACT same problem, out of the blue. Was working fine and now having this problem. I'll try to reinstall as well but for the life of me cant figure out why it has been working for this long and then on this flight not.

This is so typical with FSX. A new week, a new problem even though nothing was changed.

Ghost in the machine. Maybe the ghost of dead Microsoft techs jealouse of how good FSX could have been.

Same here today after a perfect flight last week. The only thing i've done this week is to reinstall the PMDG 747 and MD11 and FS2crew on both of them April 2009 config manager. I will re-install Sp1 and ngx SPs as well

Best Regards,

Ceri

Ceri,

Before you re-install, I want you to do this:

Open this file with Notepad:

Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\737NGX_Options.ini

Do you see this line at the bottom:

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

I'm wondering if that somehow got deleted.