Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Don't You Hate It When That Happen's !

Thought I would fly a short flight for my Virtual Airline this morning, so I got everything setup, used the full 30 mins doing checks, double checking the route in the FMS etc. I normally start with the GPU and start the APU about 10 mins prior to departure.

We carried out the Before Start Checklist, FA said we are ready to go, so I started my Virtual Airline monitoring software, contacted Ground and said we are ready for pushback. Can you guess what happened next - Yeah lots of warning lights followed by noisy bells - I forgot to start the bl**dy APU :huh:

I love this sim, thanks Bryan :lol:

Glen

After a case like this in the Real World would you need to run through Preliminary preflight procedures and on through Preflight again? Damien?

Yeah...guess most of us have been down that road more than once and equally annoying and embarrassing every time :wink:

Richard Åsberg

After a case like this in the Real World would you need to run through Preliminary preflight procedures and on through Preflight again? Damien?

Nope, you'd need to verify everything is how it's supposed to be just to make sure.