Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Do you have this bug? - please report

Guys,

The devs are trying to track down a bug - red squares on the terrain followed by a crash that occurs within 10-15 minutes of running the game (usually in the first or second tutorial).

If you have had this problem, could you please indicate if you are using a virus scanner and which one? Thank you.

Best regards.

Luis

Just a bump, and more information.

Please report if you are using Bitdefender Anti virus, and getting crashes - you will be helping to fix a bug.

Thank you.

Luis

It happened to me but not with Bitdefender antivirus. It was on my Laptop when setting graphics to max. The Game crashed every time on turning to approach the Yacht.

My solution was to turn Windowed mode on and graphics settings to low, until I was able to finish the second mission.

BTW: How do you turn to windowed mode in FLIGHT ????

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Never been so sim-happy... MSFS 2020 &  (FSHUD & FSLTL # BATC)

BTW: How do you turn to windowed mode in FLIGHT ????

There is a check box in the graphics settings area.

I also have Bitdefender A/V. I just disabled Bitdefender 100 percent and went on a free flight. I paused the flight after 20 minutes of flying time with no issues. Before, I couldn't even get 5 minutes of flying time. It didn't matter if I was on the mission or free flight.

Next is to try and enable one mode at a time, to see what one is causing the problem.

Question for the ones who are flying without any problems. What is a good A/V program to replace Bitdefender?

Jared

Edit, Now I will be able to purchase some DLC and enjoy Flight.

That's why I use *** ONLY *** MS's FW and Security Essentials. IMHO it's the best for Windows.... No mess, no problems, and, from time to time, run a good Anti-Spyware/virus...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Never been so sim-happy... MSFS 2020 &  (FSHUD & FSLTL # BATC)

Question for the ones who are flying without any problems. What is a good A/V program to replace Bitdefender?

Jared

That's why I use *** ONLY *** MS's FW and Security Essentials. IMHO it's the best for Windows.... No mess, no problems, and, from time to time, run a good Anti-Spyware/virus...

I agree MS Security Essentials seems the best for windows, low footprint, low cpu time etc. (I gave up regular Norton years ago)

We also use Norton Endpoint Protection, but even being an enterprise solution we had some serious problems (although not during the last year).

I also have Bitdefender A/V. I just disabled Bitdefender 100 percent and went on a free flight. I paused the flight after 20 minutes of flying time with no issues. Before, I couldn't even get 5 minutes of flying time. It didn't matter if I was on the mission or free flight.

I have personally been using Avast for the past few years without issue.

However I have made it a habit, for my flight sims to add their folders to the exclusion list in AVG for it's real time scanning.

Do you have an option such as that with Bitdender? If so, wonder if excluding the Flight folder might prevent this from happening?

I would also agree with some others here, I have heard mostly good things about MS Essentials as far as an AV and Spyware program. I have pretty much decided if I ever decide to change, or if I happen to do a new build, I will probably switch to it.

I use Malwarebytes (registered version) along with Windows Security Essentials and everything has been fine for a long time.

I've been testing MS Security Essentials for a few months and am convinced that it is at least as good as any alternative, free or pay-ware, and you can be pretty confident that it's not going to decide to delete any of your essential Windows system files like other AV programs mistakenly do from time to time.

dburne

I added Flight folder to exception in Bitdefender, and had no issues after flying for 20 minutes. That is one easy fix. Thanks..

Jared

I added Flight folder to exception in Bitdefender, and had no issues after flying for 20 minutes. That is one easy fix. Thanks..

Very glad it worked for you Jared!

And welcome to the forums!