Sign in to follow this  
bigfoot454

CTD at Shutdown everytime

Just flew into (UK2000's) EGPH. Tried what Frank said and no crash. But I'd saved it, so reloaded and tried again, this time with the parking brakes on - and it worked fine.

I have now (i.e. since the crash I reported above) made the fspax modifications, and maybe that's done the trick. It certainly has got fspax and fs2crew playing very nicely together.

I'll report back if it happens again.

Paul Scholey

Paul Skol

Just got me again. Exactly at the same point described by the OP.

This was a flight from EGPH to EBBR (stock EBBR). FSpax in use. GSX demo installed but not working, of course, since as I understand it, it only works with FSDT's own airports unless you buy it.

Radar contact in use but had already finished since I was parked up. My VA's flight recorder still running.

Once again I saved the flight before I tried to shutdown. I reloaded and tried to run the FS2crew procedure again, this time without Fsxpax running, and it worked fine.

Very odd.

Paul Skol

Yeah, it's weird.

Right now I'm leaning toward something funky with FSPassengers.

But the randomness it what makes it odd.

I have a fully activated GSX installed, and I just can't reproduce this crash and I've tried over and over again.

EDIT: Please re-install GSX to make sure you have the very latest version.

Just had a mid-air CTD, too, as I tried to run the descent checklist.

Think I'm going to try a few flights without Fspax, just so I can be sure that the problem is there and not something else flakey with my system.

Paul Skol

Reloaded last flight, EBBR - EGLL. Only FS2Crew this time. Worked perfectly. More in due course.

Paul Skol

2 flights later, without Fspax (but with Radar Contact) - no issues. One from stock to stock. The other from UK2000's EGLL to FSDT's Geneva, with GSX demo installed and working perfectly.

Seems pretty clear that it's specific to Fspax. If it were only an issue at shutdown it wouldn't be so bad, but with a mid-flight CTD it's a showstopper. Sadly looks like I retire FSPax for the NGX, at least for now.

Paul Scholey

Paul Skol

Last post on this one for now, but I thought I'd report that I've tried the uiautomationcore.dll fix for FSPAX, and now have half a dozen successful flights under my belt using FS2Crew with FSPAX. Don't know if it's a permanent fix, but I'll keep flying till it falls over. I'm also now running EZDOK without any issues. Sooner or later I'm going to run out of taskbar space, but other than that... :)

Paul Scholey

Paul Skol

Hey Frank, just wondering if not useing the parking brakes and just the chokes is still working for you. Have you gotten anymore CTD with just useing chokes?

-Travis

Hard to guess.

Real time should make no difference.

As mentioned though, I'm inclined to point to the 3rd party scenery.

I've been making addons for a long time, and 3rd party scenery is the cause of a lot problems, particularly with memory leaks.

Bryan,

Could you answer me something on this? (not to get off subject, but this is exactly what I've been wondering) If I go into the "Scenery Library" and turn off all of the addon scenery, if one of them has a memory leak, would turning it off in the scenery library stop the memory leak? I want to do this so I can use the process of elimination and find a scenery that is causing problems in my FSX.

Thank you,

Bob

99% sure that it is related to the FO wanting to set the wheel chocks. I have the voice version, but I think it's the same. Now as soon as I set the parking brakes, before shutting the engines down, I set the chocks (you can do that quickly by assigning a key combination on the CDU) and, after I shut down the engines, the FO no longer goes to the GROUND CONNECTIONS page of the CDU in order to set the chocks. I have done at least 10-12 flights and never got a CTD.

Bryan, you should try to completely remove the FO's wheel chocks action from the code.

James Goggi

I'll try, but it doesn't explain why 99 percent of users have never experienced this, including my self.

I've tried 100 times to reproduce this and can't I'm afraid.

Nor does it explain the other things people have tried which they say solved the issue.

However, I'll do some additional tests.

Hopefully I can reproduce it.

If I can reproduce it, I can fix it.

Cheers,

I'll try, but it doesn't explain why 99 percent of users have never experienced this, including my self.

I've tried 100 times to reproduce this and can't I'm afraid.

Nor does it explain the other things people have tried which they say solved the issue.

However, I'll do some additional tests.

Hopefully I can reproduce it.

If I can reproduce it, I can fix it.

Cheers,

Hi Bryan, can you just send me your computer ;)

-Travis