Sign in to follow this  
TouchPilot

Beta testers needed for new tablet app. Control your sim from your tablet!

Is it iPod touch compatible either?

I have an iPad. I did sign-up for the beta test, but you only get priority (accepted?) if you get your friends to sign-up too. That way of selecting beta testers looks a little bit strange to me. I hope my e-mail address will not be spammed or sold out. I was expecting a more serious screening of beta testers. Crossing fingers for not being trapped into something unwanted.

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Beta testing before selling the product? That's so last century :LMAO:

Al

Now that's funny!

Looks very promising - please don't forget Prepar3D compatibility!

no problem. any sim that supports joysticks should work with Touch Pilot.

Beta testing before selling the product? That's so last century :LMAO:

Al

heh. no kidding. we don't believe in selling half-baked software. we want to work out the bugs before we ask for your money!

I have an iPad. I did sign-up for the beta test, but you only get priority (accepted?) if you get your friends to sign-up too. That way of selecting beta testers looks a little bit strange to me. I hope my e-mail address will not be spammed or sold out. I was expecting a more serious screening of beta testers. Crossing fingers for not being trapped into something unwanted.

Jean-Jacques

absolutely not! we will never spam you, or give your email address away to anyone. i promise you that. i despise spammers.

btw, i want to point out that Touch Pilot is not some big evil corporation with dreams of world domination. we're just two friends who had an idea, and are trying to make it a reality. we work from our bedrooms, and don't even have business cards :)

the reason for the priority access thing is we don't know how many people will sign up, but if it's thousands, we don't really want thousands of beta testers. we expect beta testers to communicate with us and give us useful feedback, and you can't communicate with thousands of testers. so we just want a way to pick the most serious and dedicated beta testers, and it seems like rewarding those who help spread the word would be a good way to do that.

btw, so far it doesn't look that that many people are spreading the word, so if you even get one other person to sign up, then you should be in good shape :)

Is it iPod touch compatible either?

sorry, no. the screen is too small. you wouldn't be able to press the buttons with any accuracy. will will have apps in the future for smaller screens though.

absolutely not! we will never spam you, or give your email address away to anyone. i promise you that. i despise spammers.

btw, i want to point out that Touch Pilot is not some big evil corporation with dreams of world domination. we're just two friends who had an idea, and are trying to make it a reality. we work from our bedrooms, and don't even have business cards :)

the reason for the priority access thing is we don't know how many people will sign up, but if it's thousands, we don't really want thousands of beta testers. we expect beta testers to communicate with us and give us useful feedback, and you can't communicate with thousands of testers. so we just want a way to pick the most serious and dedicated beta testers, and it seems like rewarding those who help spread the word would be a good way to do that.

btw, so far it doesn't look that that many people are spreading the word, so if you even get one other person to sign up, then you should be in good shape :)

Ok Ben, I trust you.

I choose to not play the e-mail chain game, but if your product is as good as it looks like, you can be sure that I shall spread the word.

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

I understand there is no Windows support, am I right?

well, the app works with sims/games running on a Windows PC, but the client itself does not run on windows. only iOS and Android.