Sign in to follow this  
Ashatsea

Communication MFD

Will the Communication MFD system be modeled in the 777 and if not can the ACARS and Company pages be created by 3rd party developers through the SDK. Also will the Accept, Cancel, Reject buttons be modeled as well. If you are unsure as to what I am talking about reference the Communications chapter section MFD Communications in the FCOM for more information. I have always felt this is one area (Inflight Dispatching) of FS that is waiting for someone to come along and properly render even if all the messages are just coming from a pre programmed database during flight. If you have not had the chance try doing yor pre deparure clearance with heathrow using CPDLC..... then send your position reports off to Shanwick/Gander every hour adds to the realism when flying online.

Sorry about the double post I thought the web page timed out.

Will the Communication MFD system be modeled in the 777 and if not can the ACARS and Company pages be created by 3rd party developers through the SDK. Also will the Accept, Cancel, Reject buttons be modeled as well. If you are unsure as to what I am talking about reference the Communications chapter section MFD Communications in the FCOM for more information. I have always felt this is one area (Inflight Dispatching) of FS that is waiting for someone to come along and properly render even if all the messages are just coming from a pre programmed database during flight. If you have not had the chance try doing yor pre deparure clearance with heathrow using CPDLC..... then send your position reports off to Shanwick/Gander every hour adds to the realism when flying online.

Sorry about the double post I thoght the web page timed out

I spent quite a bit of time going through Singapore airlines ACARS documentation for the 744F. I can't see how it would work in FS, the system is an entire add on in itself, the docs were as large as the FCOM

Another issue I see is the lack of realistic dispatch in VA's, who could be bothered to do all the work for free just for FS.

What would be great as a start is an interface from TOPCAT to the ACARS and EFB (if they make one) and an interface for Vatsim/IVAO I remember reading that Vatsim are trying to implement CPDLC

Rob Prest

Yeah me too, would be great to have a ''dummy'' Comm page. Log on to CDPLC, Pos Reports, Oceanic Requests. It would add to the realism for sure, even if it does nothing with Vatsim or FSX! As I say I fly on Vatsim so PDC's aren't an option if controller is online, anyway I like getting all my clearances verbally :) I'm excited to see the Check-lists as well! I think it would be to hard to get the position reports to VATSIM from the plane though. Not sure how they'd do that one ha.

I agree with the difficulty I just think if anyone could pull it off it would be PMDG.

Ash, I think that that aspect of communications could be of benefit to people that use ACARS or fly online for their virtual airline. I'd welcome that feature on the T7. Hell, at least it would give you something to do (or at least keep you up) when you're halfway over the Atlantic.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg