Sign in to follow this  
RobbSpeed

RXP 530

Re the clickspots... Use the mouse wheel to turn the knobs - and use a mouse wheel click on the knob to push it in!

I'm genuinly curious what the appeal is and how it enriches your flying experience. In any case, I think I would start off with only the 530 to replace the Avidyne.

-Steffen

I would start with the 430 if I were you.. The Avidyne unit is fine, if left as a moving map

and the WX gauge is disabled.

The 430 fits into a lot of airplanes, since it is a "half high unit".

On the other hand... if your other favorite airplane is the C337 - the 530 may well be the better choice..

Either way, start by paying $50 - before committing yourself.

Could someone with the unlimited pack please post an .ini file for the 430/530 combo? I was looking into copying one from another aircraft, but they show some confusing entries....

Check if you have your 430 installed as gns430, or gns430_2... either will work, but it has to match!

[GNS530]

Popup=15531

AutoPilotMode=2

Radios=1

LinkCdiKey=On

AutoApproach=Off

LinkVor=0

Autocourse=On

LcdStyle=off

AutoWidth=500

AutoHeight=570

Trainer=

NoKeyClick=Off

DisableRxTx=Off

AutoPowerOn=On

GndSpdFromDeltaLatLon=Off

Crossfill=On

TCAD=On

LinkGPS=On

[GNS430_2]

AutoPilotMode=2

Radios=2

LinkCdiKey=Off

AutoApproach=Off

LinkVor=0

LcdStyle=Off

AutoWidth=500

AutoHeight=570

Trainer=

NoKeyClick=Off

DisableRxTx=Off

AutoPowerOn=On

GndSpdFromDeltaLatLon=Off

Popup=15531

Crossfill=On

[sETTINGS]

Dimmer=Off

SimpleMouse=Off

KeyOnFocus=On

Popup window (in panel.cfg file)

//--------------------------------------------------------

[Window01]

size_mm=308,351

position=8

window_size=0.298, 0.543

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

visible=0

ident=15531

gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,0,0,308,222

gauge01=rxpGNS!GNS430_2,0,222,308,129

Bert

I don't have that package either, but if they are independent, that is all I wanted to know......I can live with that...........BTW, just did a ILS approach to CYYJ and seemed to work fine, except that I can't get the Alt Sel to match with the number on the guage, have to use the ele trim to get therek, then do SEL..............can that be something I did not install correct?? B42L8

Sounds more like unfamiliarity with the autopilot... what are you trying to do specifically?

Bert

thanks for jumping in............this may be the problem, just checked the panel folder in the C90 folder and it shows [window01] as giage00=GPS_400..............So it should show as you post above??...............and 2, where should the [GNS530] info ve placed??...........before installing the SP2, I had followed your note about the GuageC90EFIS, and it seemed to work correct, but after the SP2, I started over without a new install and may have missed some steps??..............in any case, I think I should now make sure I have the above info been has been installed, and then check the ALTSEL operation..............thats again for this alert!!...........look for your reply.........B42L8

This can get very confusing very quickly...

Step 1 is: Do you have the panel looking the way you want, including the pop up windows?

Step 2 might be: Do the GPS systems and the autopilot behave the way you want them to?

If any problems with the above, please ask the questions one at a time, providing as much detail

as possible, so we can help you better.

Bert

OK, just did a restart of FSX w/ the default C90 @KBFI........(funny thing, I had to replug in the CH Produts controllers to get screens working) .. 530 and 430 look fine, popups work from a top center click.............to get a direct to, I have to enter it in BOTH units.........now I set 5000ft altitude, do the take off, above 500ft, I turn on AP, set heading if different, then hit ALTSEL, plane turns to hdg set point, but climb does not follow the rate I have set........I hav eto set the climb rate with the rightmost yoke lever, then as we get to 5000ft., it will keep going up, uless I hold it with the lever again, then set ALT??.............does not seem right...........the last time I di a ILS landing at CYYJ, the direction held but had to continually check the glide slope with the trim lever............again, correct??...........last point, not to belabor this, but if my folders don't have verbage as you have shown above, how is everything showing up, unless the patches I put in after SP1 are alive and working............(lots to learn about how these programs work together)..................thanks for the help.......B42L8

OK, lets see if I can step through this:

Only one GNS unit drives the autopilot, but if you want the flightplan to show up in both units, you do have to enter it twice - so that is correct.

The autopilot should follow the set climb-rate though... what rate shows on the autopilot? And what happens if you increase or decrease

the climb rate on the autopilot?

The Yoke lever should not play a part in this... I've also sent you a PM..

Bert